Help! How do I keep my friends?!

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Advice? How do I obtain and keep friends?

just stop deleting me !!!

There you are!?!? Oops 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

giphy.gif
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    It might be like facebook. You can have 1000 friends but communicate with 5! Just stick to the ones in regular contact. It's nothing personal.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Let’s be great friends!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Personally, I tend to be very careful about who I add to my friends list. My goal isn't for more friends, it's for friends who actually want to be on friends list long term.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Bribe them with food... we're all starving here.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    Let’s be great friends!

Hmmm. I'll be friends with your dog. You've been slipping in the motivation. how will you even motivate me?
  • isalsayourface123

Ohhhh. I have some trail mix...great protein...want some?
  • isalsayourface123
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Personally, I tend to be very careful about who I add to my friends list. My goal isn't for more friends, it's for friends who actually want to be on friends list long term.

But I need lots of motivation
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    I'm new to the forums (not MFP), but I literally have one friend on here and it's TinyDancer. That's probably pretty much 99.9% certainly because she's just the coolest and added me back. :lol:

It's all good with me, though. Like a few others mentioned, it's a personal thing for me. I don't let that affect my outlook on it.

I don't have to have a lot of people setup as friends on here. Not just because I'm new and not because I don't want to. I'm just a simpleton who loves the idea of encouraging others. My hope is folks know the kind of friend I can be when we interact. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity than that for myself. I came to the forums for opportunities to encourage and enjoy comraderie, both of which I found easily.

You guys are great. My hope is I can be that guy. Someone who lifts up, not tear down. It's the best I know to do and be.

If they delete you, know it's their loss. Not yours.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member

We're now best friends lol
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Idk man - if I delete her it DEFINITELY her loss - but she knows that already - we’re great pals
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    I probably wouldn't know if I was dropped. I have only deleted people if they are totally inappropriate.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Idk man - if I delete her it DEFINITELY her loss - but she knows that already - we’re great pals

I stand corrected. 🤣😂👍
  • isalsayourface123

We're now best friends lol

My cat just licked the trail mix. Hope that's ok bestie :#
  • isalsayourface123
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

:D well. Wait...I left my first encouraging message on your wall! Give me some credit.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Let’s be great friends!

Hmmm. I'll be friends with your dog. You've been slipping in the motivation. how will you even motivate me?

You look like a runner. I’ll show you the best way to run. I recommend trails as they provide the most challenges.

The best way to run is to move your arms and legs In opposite strides
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Sometimes you just have to tie people up or lock them in a closet for a while to give them time to realize that they like you.

I mean.... I like donuts too! Add me! :)
  • Penniwood
    Penniwood Posts: 7 Member
    I posted an introduction blurb where I stated outright that I was interested in friending people who were similar to me -- females over 40, with 100+ pounds to lose. I said this because I'm not interested in following or engaging guys and I want to relate to women at all different stages of their journey to lose 100+ pounds. I'm not going to keep friends in their 20s or 30s, or ones who are a size 8 looking to become a size 4. It's just a different type of psychology. And friends need different levels of engagement. If you have a friend who posts you a message every day -- you kinda need to commit to returning the favor. If that's not where are you are, socially, then make sure that's mentioned some place on your profile or in that message you drop when you initiate contact with your new friend.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Penniwood wrote: »
    I posted an introduction blurb where I stated outright that I was interested in friending people who were similar to me -- females over 40, with 100+ pounds to lose. I said this because I'm not interested in following or engaging guys and I want to relate to women at all different stages of their journey to lose 100+ pounds. I'm not going to keep friends in their 20s or 30s, or ones who are a size 8 looking to become a size 4. It's just a different type of psychology. And friends need different levels of engagement. If you have a friend who posts you a message every day -- you kinda need to commit to returning the favor. If that's not where are you are, socially, then make sure that's mentioned some place on your profile or in that message you drop when you initiate contact with your new friend.

I’m not sure all that information is visible on the app
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Let’s be great friends!

You look like a runner. I’ll show you the best way to run. I recommend trails as they provide the most challenges.

The best way to run is to move your arms and legs In opposite strides

source.gif