Fitbit Device Recommendations

Options
Hi, I have a Fitbit One and it seems to have stopped syncing (it is old). So, I am going to have to go with one of the wrist models since the One has been discontinued. The problem is, I have 5.25 inch circumference wrists and I think some (many?) of the Fitbits are going to be way too big for me. (I can't currently find wrist size measurements for the various devices although I have seen them somewhere in the past.)

I don't care about heart rate tracking because I am on a medication that lowers my heart rate anyway, so that can be absent or I can ignore it (seems that would work best if the device is actually against your wrist, which mine wouldn't be if the band was too big). I don't want a smart watch and I don't want to get text messages on the thing. I just need some basic functionality like steps. I'm sort of committed to Fitbit because that's what I've had for 4-5 years now.

I will not be wearing this in or near any water, if that helps.

Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    deleted
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I'd get another Fitbit. It sounds like you've had great luck with it so far. The Inspire series appears to come with two bands (short and long) and lots adjustablity.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'd get another Fitbit. It sounds like you've had great luck with it so far. The Inspire series appears to come with two bands (short and long) and lots adjustablity.

Thanks, the Inspire does look like a good match for me, the price is not too different from what I paid for the One, and I see you can even buy a clip if you don't want to wear it on your wrist.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 inch wrist and I wear the Inspire HR. I just checked and each hole is 0.25 inch tighter and I am 2 more holes to the tightest band setting. Do the tightest setting would be a fairly close fit but not snug on your wrist. I’ll include a couple photos so you can see how snug I have it on my wrist.

• DanyellMcGinnis
    Options
    I have a 6 inch wrist and I wear the Inspire HR. I just checked and each hole is 0.25 inch tighter and I am 2 more holes to the tightest band setting. Do the tightest setting would be a fairly close fit but not snug on your wrist. I’ll include a couple photos so you can see how snug I have it on my wrist.

Thanks, those are good for a size reference.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    FWIW I really wasn’t interested in the HR feature but now that I have it I enjoy looking at the data.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    Options
    FWIW I really wasn’t interested in the HR feature but now that I have it I enjoy looking at the data.

I'm on carvedilol for my blood pressure and it also reduces my heart rate so I just figured that data would not be as useful to me as it would to someone who was not taking medication. Although I probably would like looking at the data as well.
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been using the same fitbit (charge 2) for years as well, but I do know that when my band broke I was able to order new ones online (amazon). You may want to look around to see if there are custom options.

I also seem to remember fitbit had a test you can do to determine which band size to get. I remember using paper and scissors to figure it out. They had 2 bands for the charge series, large and small. But, perhaps there are custom ones you can get as well for more sizing options.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I went from the Flex 2 to and Inspire HR almost two months ago and I’ve been pretty happy with it. The only hiccup I’ve had was about two weeks ago I had to give it a hard reset to resolve a display issue (bumped it hard during work) but no other problems before or after. I suspect the heart rate monitor on it is a bit slow (it tends to read lower than the blood pressure readings at the pharmacy) but the pedometer is a lot more accurate than older models. I wear the smaller band provided tightened about half way, and the style is much slimmer/less bulky than some of the newer higher-end models.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I upgraded my Charge 2 to a Charge 3 and both times picked up spare straps on amazon, there are some that fit all sizes with velco or multiple holes. I'm sure there will be the same for the other models too so fitting your wrist wouldn't be a problem, have a good look before buying.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    i got a used alta, which is rated higher by users than the newer fitbits, then bought a generic amazon clip so i can use it like my one. my one was and still is my absolute favorite fitbit. if they started making them again, i'd definitely buy one.

btw, i've never had a fitbit that was as accurate as my one - not even close - except the zip. the zip has less features, but the one i owned was accurate.
  • melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I bought the Inspire when my One was close to dying. It doesn't have the HR feature which I didn't need anyway. I can't stand wearing a watch or fitness tracker on my wrist because I usually have to wear them pretty tight due to slim wrists, so it was an easy sell when I saw that the Inspire can be worn as a clip and has a "clip mode" setting. Since I bought it right before my One died, I wore them both to test for accuracy and they matched on steps. The Inspire isn't as thin as the One, but it's not a huge difference in your pocket or waistband. If you want to keep wearing a clip, get the Inspire.