Need help

So I'm trying to loss weight and need some help with snacks I'm not a big eater but with one meal and I know that's not good especially when you are trying to lose weight but I am always on the run so I am looking for some healthy snacks that I can try and squeeze between meals so me eating small meals and then snacks I'm hoping will help
Anyting you guys can can suggest will be a big help because honestly I have no idea what snacks I can do besides Fiber One little bowl peanut stuff like that but I'm not big on peanuts so anything will help thank you

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    There is nothing wrong with eating one meal a day as long as you are getting your calories/macros, and you don't have any relevant health problems. Some people prefer to eat this way. Weight loss is caused by consistently being in a calorie deficit, and doesn't have anything to do with how often you eat or whether you snack. You can search the message boards for OMAD (one meal a day) to read more about others' experiences.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Meal timing is relevant to weight loss only terms of what helps or hurts you with staying within your goals and making sure that you aren't so restricted as to be undereating.

Do you actually feel like you need snacks for hunger or just because you heard somewhere that it's important to eat more than once a day?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Though snacks aren't necessary to lose weight as above posters said, i eat 5 times a day , 2 of which are snacks. I like this way as I am never hungry. In general my snacks are yogurt, fruit, protein bars, cheese and nuts, protein shake, egg bites or some other protein source, generally around 150- 200 cals. Find what works for u!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2019
    when you eat does not matter. if you prefer to eat all your calories in one meal, have at it.

one meal a day or 10 mini meals a day - its the calorie number that is whats important.