Carb Help

Options
HI, Im getting really close to nailing my daily macronutrients daily except carbs always seem to be over sometimes way over what good carb food ideas do people have please

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What's your typical diet? We can then offer alternatives.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Carbs are ok if they are mostly low glycemic carbs, as high glycemic can spike insulin levels. If you like food like pasta you may want to try some pasta alternatives, like spaghetti squash or edamame spaghetti. The brand of edamame spaghetti I use has 24g protein and 20 g carbs for a 2 oz. portion, which includes 13g fiber for a net of 7g carbs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Some context would help OP.
    Why are you concerned about your carbs sometimes being higher than what is only a guideline?

There's many ways to manage your macros and fixed percentages really aren't necessary.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Well meat, poultry, fish are all high in protein have fat, but have little to no carbs.
    You want to cut down on carbs stay away from Processed food. Why they have ;lots of carbs, with not much in return. Well they might taste good, but not lots that are good for you.

Cheese, many, many cheeses are low in carbs, have fats and protein as well.

Lots of Veges are also good, but you need to check because some veges are higher in carbs than other like starchy veges potatoes, corn, some beans. Veges that are lower are leafy greens. Lettuces, cabbage, spinach and many, many others.

Fruits again you need to check example Apples have a fair amount of carbs. That does not mean do not eat one, just check does it fit in your carbs for the day. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries are much lower in carbs.

I keep my carbs fairly low, reason I am a diabetic and to keep blood sugars where they need to be. It only works well with low carbs. But for me the key is planning for them.