Question on P90X

Options
Hi,

Today is day 7. I did stretch X today. I need to burn more calories so my numbers on MFP match. Can I do another workout? Also, on the days that I have a workout -- can I do it twice for more benefit? Or is it best to only do one a day and do something else in the meantime?

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Push as hard as you can during the workout and you probably wont want more. If you want to add anything add a swim or walk at night, pushing anymore than that will probably hurt more than help
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Cardio X is there as an option to do as a secondary workout. However, that being said, you have a rest day for a reason. p90x is a brutal program and you need to let your body recover! It's hard to push extra on Stretch X really, but rest up and push it hard on Chest/Back or Core Syn tomorrow! (depending on your program)
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks friends for the information. It has been most helpful. :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    X Stretch is pretty much your rest day which is essential to these intense training programs. You can risk over-training and even injury without proper recovery periods. It took me a long while to submit to a rest/stretch day but I found that the day after, I was stronger and was able to get better workouts. So no, don't do another workout on stretch days.

As for your other workout days, I recommend getting more out of your workout rather than going for a second. You should be pushing hard enough to not need another workout. Push so hard that you need to pause frequently. Then pause and rest enough to get in another good burst.

Since you have over 100 lbs to lose, MFP calories and even the calories recommended on the P90X nutrition guide are not going to be optimal. Are you using a heart rate monitor? Have you discussed this with your doctor? What are your calories set to at this time?
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Push as hard as you can during the workout and you probably wont want more. If you want to add anything add a swim or walk at night, pushing anymore than that will probably hurt more than help
    i agree as i thought that too now i push till i cant go no more
  • eriny
    Options
    steve question calories on chest and back how many are burned thanks
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

Get a heart rate monitor! That's the only way to know for sure. It's going to depend on your weight, how fit you are, how hard you pushed ... So get one and let US know how much you burned, lol.
  • eriny
    Options
    5ft 9 219 lost 40 plus 2 yrs ago been going to gym and push ups and situps reg for 2 yrs and when i do something its 110 % leave it all on the floor !!! been doing 100 pushups and 50 situps m-f over a yr
  • eriny
    Options
    plus not ship shape but in ok shape for my age .... in shape enough to do 10 dragon flags google it if you dont know what it is
  • eriny
    Options

Get a heart rate monitor! That's the only way to know for sure. It's going to depend on your weight, how fit you are, how hard you pushed ... So get one and let US know how much you burned, lol.

and ive been on your forum for a while remember before i tried p90x i was looking for someone my age and weight loss to show me results ( pictures ) at the time no one came though ( men ) you ladies great results yourself ,sandy and many more

so figured i would get those tv like results :wink: