Why is it so hard to get remotivated?

Options
I’ve been doing really well for like 6 weeks. I lost 15 pounds. Moderately exercised 30 minutes a day every day (gotta close those Apple Watch rings). I’ve taken the last 3 days off doing exercise because of various reasons and OMG it is so hard to start again. It shouldn’t be this hard!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself why you started. Everybody has a reason.

You've done really well so far. You should be really proud. That alone should motivate you.

Try filling out your food diary a few days in advance. It can give you a shot of discipline.

Good luck!
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Motivation is temporary. Build habits...

This.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Do the Nike thing.. Just do it!
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been on my weight loss journey since the end of December and had a couple of these stalls in the past months. It's hard to get back on track because it's the easiest thing in the world not to.

In my experience, the motivation isn't going to spark out of nowhere, you've got to push through the demotivation for a couple of days doing what you can in spite of it. Then motivation will come with the endorphins and good feelings from doing good and taking care of yourself. If you have to, back it off to 20 or even 15 minutes and resolve to just take a small step in the right direction and do something today. You may find as you're doing it that it's easier to continue on for longer, but the idea of "ugh, 30 minutes" might be putting you in the wrong headspace to get started.