Didn't sign in for two days

Options
Hi! I didn't sign into MFP on Monday or Tuesday (it is Wednesday morning as I write this). Yes, it's because I fell off the wagon and fell hard. But here I am again, and hopefully two days' worth of eating whatever I could see won't take me two weeks' worth of no treats to get back in the right mindset.

But when I signed onto MFP today, it alerted that I was on a 20 day streak?? That is wrong, I did sign up for MFP 20 days ago, but obviously I broke my streak two days ago and it should say "one day streak" now. How does this help with accountability? Support and accountability are why I'm here in the first place!

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you opened the app on either your phone or the website, it continues your streak. It does not keep your streak going in you do not access the site/app at all. But you don't have to log food for your streak to continue.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welllllll....thanks, @MikePTY. But I actually didn't open the app or the website at all. Too much shame, I admit! But if our mfp app is always open, so to speak, but not being accessed actively, it's still counting as a streak?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Welllllll....thanks, @MikePTY. But I actually didn't open the app or the website at all. Too much shame, I admit! But if our mfp app is always open, so to speak, but not being accessed actively, it's still counting as a streak?

I think I've had this experience, and I think it has to do with the app remaining open even if you're not actively using it. It's more like "minimizing" the app unless you manually close it out (double-tap home + swipe up on iPhones). Phones used to not be able to do that.