Vegan protein

Options
Hi all, Orla here.

I’m new to my fitnesspal community.

Any fellow vegans on here?

I’m struggling to meet my protein needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance ❤️

Replies

• DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian but haven't been eating much in the way of eggs or cheese lately. Things I like for protein: nuts and nut butters, seeds (especially hemp but also chia in some circumstances), tofu, beans, some of the fake meat products are vegan (like Morningstar Farms "chicken" nuggets). Vegan Halo Top has protein but tastes too much like coconut to me. I don't care for most plant-based protein powders except sometimes in smoothies because I don't think they blend well.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My favorite vegan proteins were Sweet Earth Grounds and Tempeh.

Both were delicious!

The grounds can substitute beef in any recipe (cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers, tacos, etc).

And my favorite tempeh recipe was tempeh salad (shredded carrots, dill weed, vegan mayo, soy sauce, season salt, diced onion, celery *or cucumbers* and tomatoes). In a bowl or vegan wrap...

Disclaimer: I am not a vegan... Used to be vegetarian and fixed a lot of vegan foods (ate at a lot of vegan restaurants). ;)

Good luck!
  • plantbaseddean
    plantbaseddean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    orlalaw22 wrote: »
    Hi all, Orla here.

I’m new to my fitnesspal community.

Any fellow vegans on here?

I’m struggling to meet my protein needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance ❤️

Depends what your protein needs are I guess. I'm a runner about to go into my winter block of training - i'll push my protein intake up to around 3 times my bodyweight in kgs and around 40% of my daily macros will be protein, I use powders alongside beans, lentils, tempeh etc...