New friends

Options
Hey I'm from UK looking for new motivating friends, need to get back to gym and logging properly

Replies

• mrsgoof
    mrsgoof Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm the same, need motivation šŸ˜šŸ˜
  • Kebabinburek
    Kebabinburek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Im from SLO and i usually stick to my dieting and healthy habits for a while and then my motivation drops as soon as i loose 0.1 kg xD. So i would very much need a friend that would stick with me for more that 3 weeks haha
  • RamblinMan521
    RamblinMan521 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within... find your 'why' and keep it out in front of you every day and you can get past the tough times.

I just came back (again!) and doing pretty good so far. This time it's for real!

Stay consistent and be persistent and you'll do great! šŸ˜ƒ
  • LiftingUnicorn
    LiftingUnicorn Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within... find your 'why' and keep it out in front of you every day and you can get past the tough times.

I just came back (again!) and doing pretty good so far. This time it's for real!

That's the thing I struggle with 'the why'
  • RamblinMan521
    Options

Okay... why are you dieting then? Is it for health reasons? Do you want to fit into a certain size of clothing? A bikini? Is it for your partner or kids?

There has to be a reason or reasons that you'd be willing to sacrifice eating the foods you really want or getting up early to workout... whatever those reasons are, you need to visualize them every day.

This is my humble opinion, anyways...
  • LiftingUnicorn
    LiftingUnicorn Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Okay... why are you dieting then? Is it for health reasons? Do you want to fit into a certain size of clothing? A bikini? Is it for your partner or kids?

There has to be a reason or reasons that you'd be willing to sacrifice eating the foods you really want or getting up early to workout... whatever those reasons are, you need to visualize them every day.

Ok thank you, I need to work on my why, very helpful
  • RamblinMan521
    Options

Ok thank you, I need to work on my why, very helpful

Anytime... Glad I could help
  • Lina_B2021
    Lina_B2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings from North Carolina. I'm looking for motivation as well. I need someone to who understands that stressing over "just a few lbs" is just as important as a lot of lbs! I was in great shape just three years ago, and since moving states, I've gained 15lbs! I'm still within my bmi, but I feel gross, none of my clothes fit and I'm just not happy with myself. Lifestyle here is different. People are not really into fitness and gyms are extremely expensive. I miss my old gym friends, I miss my healthy habits. I know this is all my fault, but it is VERY hard to find a gym I like, and even harder to find like-minded people who understand... OK rambling over. Hope I can get and give motivation. I really need this :)
  • aida_mag
    aida_mag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. The only "why" you need is self love. If you love yourself you will love taking care of yourself too.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. Iā€™m cheering for you!

You can do it! šŸŒŗ