15 day food reset

Options
threewins
threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
edited September 2019 in Challenges
I'd like to have a challenge for people where something has gone wrong, you just can't seem to lose weight and the weight is slowly creeping up. This is currently my situation.

People are welcome to join up, and post as often as you want to. I'll be posting twice daily, first post of the day will be before breakfast and I'll discuss my plans, second is when I have stopped eating for the day, and how I went.

Challengers can post after each meal if they want. The challenge basically is to take control of our eating.

Can you do this for all 15 days? If you are having difficulty still, stay for a second round.

Replies

• threewins
    Options
    Day 1, today I am allowed to eat high sugar food, but I need to stay at 6,000 kJ. I won't be counting the milk in my coffee. I expect to be hungry in the late afternoon, but that's fine.
  • threewins
    Options
    End of the first day, I found today went really well. I ate the sugary food, and then healthy food up to 6,003 kJ. I created this challenge because yesterday I ate a whole packet of biscuits, and when I walked into the supermarket, I didn't expect to be walking out with a packet of biscuits.
  • threewins
    Options
    Start of the second day, it is pretty much the same as yesterday. I'm allowed sugary food but I need to stay at 6,000 kJ.
  • threewins
    Options
    End of the second day, I guess that I should have predicted that I'd want to treat myself. I'm leaving normal accommodation and starting accommodation which could be described as grim. So I had sausage and chips for dinner, as well as my food which I'd stated earlier. 8,500 kJ.

For day 3 I'm treating myself to a sugar filled menu today, because I'm back in grim accommodation. Eating healthy starts tomorrow.
  • threewins
    Options
    Day 3 and I forgot that I needed to throw away 45 ml of soft drink, so went 100 kJ over. That's fine, but it can't happen too often.

Today is day 4, I'm still going to treat myself with sugar, but I'll reduce it from 5.5 to 4 units of sugar. I'll also have some vegetables. Aiming to get to 6,000 and not go over, unless the vegetables make that happen, which is fine.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about your plan. In your last post, you indicate that if you go over your daily calories, it's okay because it's vegetables? Your body doesn't know that you're over your calorie allotment due to sweets or vegetables. It just knows that you're eating more than you should be.

I have to admit, I don't understand your weight measurements kj and units. So, I could be wrong with the first part of my post.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    @threewins
    I’ll do this with you if you still want to!
    Today’s plan:
    Eat at home.
    Carbs 135-145g
    Calories under 1780
    Steps over 7.5K

💕Maddie
  • threewins
    Options
    Thanks for the offer Madison, I seem to have my sugar under control at the moment, so I'm pleased to say that it's not necessary. Nothing stopping you doing it though.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    threewins wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Madison, I seem to have my sugar under control at the moment, so I'm pleased to say that it's not necessary. Nothing stopping you doing it though.

Awesome news! Terrific! @threewins

• threewins
    Options
    I'm back, I want to have control of my eating again.
  • threewins
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Why would someone disagree with my wanting to have control of my eating? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, tomorrow for breakfast I will have tuna and fruit, and I won't go to RM (where they sell the yummiest food I have ever eaten). For lunch I will have fruit and nuts.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    threewins wrote: »
    Why would someone disagree with my wanting to have control of my eating? That doesn't make sense. Anyway, tomorrow for breakfast I will have tuna and fruit, and I won't go to RM (where they sell the yummiest food I have ever eaten). For lunch I will have fruit and nuts.

@threewins
    Sounds like a good plan for breakfast. Perhaps add a little more protein to lunch? Yogurt, nonfat latte, cheese stick, hard boiled egg?