5.2 lbs in 75 days

Options
Allllll right! I finally broke through to 125.6 lbs! I feel like my weight loss has been sooooooo slow and i am not sure that 5.2 lbs in 75 days is really where I want to be. I should also note that this probably occurred because I fasted until 6:30pm yesterday, which I am not sure is sustainable. But also I doubt I lost a whole pound overnight. I know the answer to “how do I keep it off,” is to just keep going and making improvements. It also may be harder to notice the drop in pounds because I have been lifting too. So I am seeing changes in body comp more than I am seeing the number on the scale drop.

Thoughts? Advice?

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    You have lost and are at a reasonable low weight(not knowing your starting point). Keep up the lifting and you are bound to see good things!

FWIW, I feel like lifting is my magic! I have been maintaining a weight higher than I would like by 15lbs or so. Meds, health issues, etc. But I keep on upping the weight I am lifting and I like what i see. My calories may be higher because I cannot get them low enough without feeling like dung lately, but I walk past the mirror and am happy with how my shape has changed in the last year or so!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Thoughts? You're doing great. Advice? Keep it up.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'3". Started at the beginning of May at 140 lbs. I now weigh 131. That's 9 pounds in about 150 days. I have 6 - 11 pounds still to go. I'm pretty pleased by my results.

So, I think you are doing fantastic!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Don't fast or do things that are not sustainable! There's is nothing to gain in the long-term by doing so other than a roller coaster of emotional and physiological reactions. new exercise may slow down your apparent weight loss because of water retention; but it is still effective and good for you! Not sure how tall you are, but your mass is certainly not substantial as an absolute value, so it is very doubtful that you should expect anything to move fast! A few years back I spend one year losing 11 pounds (admittedly after losing much more than that during previous years) They remain lost and I remain happy and the time line involved is a smaller and smaller blip as time goes by...
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Just slow and steady, what is the alternative? Definently the last 10 especially are tough to lose..I set my standards so low that I am giving myself 1 lb a month weight loss as my bar. I have 7 to 8 lbs left to lose. So by first day of spring I am hoping that I am going to hit my goal. The main thing for me is to lose 1 lb per month and not gain.