Keto Sushi Rolls Were a Bust

Hello,
Yesterday I made keto sushi rolls with cauli rice and it did NOT go well. The cauli would not stick and it was too moist, causing my seaweed sheet to rip :'( Tips needed
<3 Nadia

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Well, how was the flavor?

What about just having all the ingredients on the plate and call it a deconstructed sushi roll?

I made sushi with regular rice ONCE and decided to leave it to the professionals :lol:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    More on poke bowls: https://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-tuna-poke-bowls/

They specifically mention the cauliflower rice option.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I've substituted canned crab meat with a lil rice vinegar and cream cheese as a binder. It's a dif thing obviously, but tasty, and holds a roll together.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2019
    I added a it of rice vinegar and a tiny bit of cream cheese to help it stick. It's not exactly the same, but it worked for me. I filled with cucumber, salmon, avocado, some crab meat (and any combination of those) and wrapped in nori.

After I cooked the cauliflower, I put it in a tea towel and squeezed the crap out of it to get rid of water.
  • NadiaLizette
    NadiaLizette Posts: 9 Member
    Deanner03 wrote: »
    I added a it of rice vinegar and a tiny bit of cream cheese to help it stick. It's not exactly the same, but it worked for me. I filled with cucumber, salmon, avocado, some crab meat (and any combination of those) and wrapped in nori.

After I cooked the cauliflower, I put it in a tea towel and squeezed the crap out of it to get rid of water.

I may have to try that. It sounds good.
  • NadiaLizette
    Hello,
    Yesterday I made keto sushi rolls with cauli rice and it did NOT go well. The cauli would not stick and it was too moist, causing my seaweed sheet to rip :'( Tips needed
    <3 Nadia

@nadializette - hi! When I make rolls at home. I omit rice all together. My fav is 🥒 cucumber, avocado and salmon. Here are some rice-less pics for inspiration!

skyltk1l9a5i.jpeg
    7qoefk1hhqz2.jpeg
    czvffqwtqyor.jpeg

Another good idea. Thanks!
  • NadiaLizette
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Well, how was the flavor?

What about just having all the ingredients on the plate and call it a deconstructed sushi roll?

I made sushi with regular rice ONCE and decided to leave it to the professionals :lol:

:D The flavor was good. I'm not giving up ;)