Bad habits

Hi,
is anyone having the same issue... I am fine, not even hungry, enter the kitchen (in the evening only) and become crazy, want to eat just anything, (healthy only, but too much of it!) leave the kitchen, fine again... Problem is, yes, I have to be and stay in the kitchen to cook dinner!
Weird reaction, isn't?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I have to agree. Pretty weird.

Strange question but... do you clean up the kitchen soon after meals?

Or, are you the kind of person who waits until the end of the day to clean up everything?

Humor me, there's a reason I'm asking.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Do you have food that's visible when you enter the kitchen--open shelving, things on the counter, that kind of thing?

You could also allocate calories for a pre-dinner snack. If you know you want to eat something while you're cooking, then why not plan for that?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Do you have food that's visible when you enter the kitchen--open shelving, things on the counter, that kind of thing?

You could also allocate calories for a pre-dinner snack. If you know you want to eat something while you're cooking, then why not plan for that?

This is what I was thinking. Grab a piece of fruit or chop up some veg to nibble on while you cook, if that's something you want to do.

For me, when I'm cooking I'm generally anticipating dinner, so have no desire to eat other foods.