Stair Challenge

Options
Deedee1111111
Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
For the last few years, I have been sporadically (from a few times/month to a few times/week) climbing 10 flights of stairs while at work - mostly to break up my day and to get a bit of exercise as well.

For the last 8 weeks though, I have been climbing 10 flights of stairs every day at work, so 5 days/week. I just wanted to post here and see if anyone is interested in trying to do the same! I think it's a great way to get your heart going a bit during the day - especially if you have a desk job.

If you decide to do it, let me know how many times/week, and how many flights! Also what are some of the benefits you're feeling after a week, two weeks, six weeks, etc.

For me, I've noticed that my legs are stronger, and I'm not breathing as heavily when I get to the top. It also motivated me to do more for my health, so that I wouldn't be huffing and puffing as much. I've started to eat better and exercise more in other ways, and I definitely can feel the difference. I also focus more on my posture now when climbing, whereas before I would just be focused on actually making it all the way up.

Happy climbing!

Replies

• sugarismyweakness
    sugarismyweakness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic challenge, I hope you get a lot of takers!

I won't be able to do this unfortunately as I have my own (much more achievable!) workday challenge, but Friday through Sunday my plan is to be getting on that stair climber at the gym to improve my cardio fitness. It really is one of the best ways to improve yourself and absolutely well done for already achieving what you have in the past 8 weeks!

I used the stair climber machine on Saturday (not to be confused with the stepper, those things aren't that great for me) and I really noticed the effects during and after on my legs, bum and stomach, much more than any running/uphill walking has ever given me in the space of 15 minutes! So definitely something I want to work on.

Best of luck with your challenge!
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic challenge, I hope you get a lot of takers!

I won't be able to do this unfortunately as I have my own (much more achievable!) workday challenge, but Friday through Sunday my plan is to be getting on that stair climber at the gym to improve my cardio fitness. It really is one of the best ways to improve yourself and absolutely well done for already achieving what you have in the past 8 weeks!

I used the stair climber machine on Saturday (not to be confused with the stepper, those things aren't that great for me) and I really noticed the effects during and after on my legs, bum and stomach, much more than any running/uphill walking has ever given me in the space of 15 minutes! So definitely something I want to work on.

Best of luck with your challenge!

Awesome - good luck with your own challenge! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stair machine. Will have to look it up :)