Breakfast

Howdy, so I have been tracking my food for about a week and the main pattern I'm setting us that my biggest calorie intake is typically in the morning. I leave for work at about five thirty in the morning and don't have time to make breakfast. But frozen it had station breakfasts are high in calories and not great for you.

What do you do for a good breakfast that's also healthy

Replies

• lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    I have vanilla yogurt (I have fallen in love with Yoplait's French style yogurt) and berries. Sometimes I had a little granola.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I'm a fan of overnight oats with fruit. They are especially filling when I add greek yogurt and nuts.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Depends on what you mean by “healthy.” Are you looking for a certain calorie range, amount of a certain macro, something else?

My usual breakfast is protein powder mixed with PB2, nonfat Greek yogurt, and fiber cereal.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    My breakfasts are not quick. If I were you, I'd get up a little earlier so you can eat something substantial.

I have eggs every morning. Mushroom omelettes are a fave. You could mix the ingredients in a bowl and microwave them.

The breakfast I eat the most is eggs over easy on multigrain avocado toast. You could make the avocado toast and eat it on the way to work.
  • 47before30
    47before30 Posts: 12 Member
    I bulk make my own version of McDonalds McMuffins - bacon egg and sausage. I normally cook 12 at a time and freeze - then just defrost one overnight a quick 45-60 second blast in the microwave to warm through and eat on the way to work and I'm full until lunch.

Someone on here gave me the idea.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    There are lots of recipes on the web for things you can freeze and zap, then eat quickly out of hand. Look for "egg muffins" "mini frittatas" "freezer breakfast burrito" "freezer oatmeal cups", for example (Google/other web search, or Pinterest). It's super easy to make a bunch of these on the weekend, then freeze. The muffin-type ones might be easier to deal with if baked in paper muffin cups.

Once the muffin-type things are frozen, you can store a bunch of them in a big ziploc or freezer container, then pull one out to zap for breakfast. Some things dry out a little in the microwave, but covering them before zapping will usually take care of that (if you don't have a suitable microwave dish, put your muffin-y thing on a plate, then put a suitably-deep bowl over the top before zapping.

If you're OK with drinking a meal, then making a smoothie the night before in a travel-able blender container, then remixing a bit if it's separated, would be a quick solution.