Back to it

Options
Hi guys!
Back to it after 7 months after op ,
On keto
Any tips for lack of motivation I just get disheartens as I can’t lift what I use to and my reps suck 😭

Xx

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, it's tough after not lifting for awhile. You'll get there!!
  • Chantelelee
    Chantelelee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you think I’m gonna just do body weight for Few weeks what do you think)
  • otterbx
    otterbx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sometimes changing up the routine helps.
  • ranbir013
    ranbir013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First find things that are enjoyable.

If it’s enjoyable, it will be sustainable.

This goes for training and for nutrition. The reason people keep falling off and getting on is because they do things that aren’t enjoyable
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    ranbir013 wrote: »
    First find things that are enjoyable.

If it’s enjoyable, it will be sustainable.

This goes for training and for nutrition. The reason people keep falling off and getting on is because they do things that aren’t enjoyable

I second this. Once you get into the swing of things and you stay on the right track, you'll build up your discipline. Worked for me. ;)
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Make your goals achievable firstly, give yourself a reward for when you reach each one, set a date however long from now and work towards it, let’s say by Christmas you want to be such and such a weight or hitting whatever sets and reps, more you sit there thinking about it the further away that date moves to, for instance imagine what you could achieve between now and Christmas, picture yourself in the clothes you’d like to be wearing, c’mon let’s do it, no more thinking about it make it a reality.
    I’m 3 years post op, in the early stages I was wheelchair bound and I just had to envisage where I wanted to be it’s hard but the sooner you start moving towards your goal the more motivated you will be 😉.