reliable scale recommendations?

xSanoura
xSanoura Posts: 40 Member
What’s a scale you reccomend? I personally like the ones that show your body fat, muscle and water. :)

Replies

• LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    i just use a plain old weight-only scale. The reviews i have read of those scales that do more indicate the accuracy isn't the best for fat percentage, etc. Be interested to know if you have had a different experience. my gym has a fancy and expensive looking scale that reports on all that stuff and it seems accurate to me. they charge for its use. i plan to do that every three or four months to see if there is progress.

good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I love my Withings Body Smart Scale. It's precise to 0.1 pound. It's sleek and modern looking and also gives me the weather for the day.

It syncs to the Health Mate app which, in turn, syncs to mfp.

I must caution, though, not to fully trust BF% readings on any scale.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I have RENPHO scales that sync with the SoFit app. They seem to do the job and I like that the information is stored in the app (though it is a bit hard to read).

I also caution against paying much attention to all the BF % bells and whistles though as I don’t think they are really very accurate at all.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    No bathroom scale is going to give you accurate readings on anything but weight. I don’t know what my scale is but it’s digital and gives weight in 0.2 lb increments. I’d like to upgrade to one that does 0.1 but at the same time, since I have 140 lbs to lose it’ll be a long time before I need info that accurate. Until then, 0.2 lb changes will do just fine.