Help me?!

Options
My local gym which is the only one in my area just banned me because I was deadlifting and accidentally cussed. Apparently the corporation is strict with this and will not allow me to sign up again even if the owner would allow it. Now I will be going to college in fall 2020 so should I just not workout until college because college has gym? Or what should I do? I'm honestly addicted to working out and currently I havent in about a month because of the ban :(

How should I eat?
How should I build/maintain muscle?
I'm not a fan of ONLY bodyweight stuff. I like implementing them after heavy weighted work that way bodyweight feels easier or something.

Replies

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    A few things you might try:

Write a letter of apology to the corporation and the gym. Remind them you were banned. Ask them to reconsider. Tell them it was not intentional. you understand they want a better atmosphere, you understand how it can affect other people, and it will never happen again. Tell them you're a student and have no other way to exercise. Tell them you're genuinely sorry.

BUT do you really want to go to a place this rigid?

"In your area" -- how far is the next gym?

Good luck!

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    A few things you might try:

Write a letter of apology to the corporation and the gym. Remind them you were banned. Ask them to reconsider. Tell them it was not intentional. you understand they want a better atmosphere, you understand how it can affect other people, and it will never happen again. Tell them you're a student and have no other way to exercise. Tell them you're genuinely sorry.

BUT do you really want to go to a place this rigid?

"In your area" -- how far is the next gym?

Good luck!

Half an hour. By car....
  • Hollis100
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Wow, that's far, all right.

I would probably write a letter of apology -- maybe, because banning someone over one swear word is absurd and frankly mean. They could have given you a warning first.

I would also start looking for what else I could do on my own or with other people -- anything, from meetups to youtube videos to whatever I could find. Would your high school let you use their gym? (if you're in HS)

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Do you have space to keep some Dumbbells and a Barbell at home, you can normally pick up some second hand ones at a reasonable price if they stick to their guns about your banning.
  • Hollis100
    Options
    A few last thoughts, that may or may not work:

I agree with the above poster. See if you can find a used set of weights. You could run a Wanted ad in your local paper, check Craigslist, check secondhand stores.

If you can't find a set of weights, here's something I would probably try. It's not the same as a weight set, but would keep my muscles from turning to jelly. I would check the grocery store, animal feed store, and building supply store for heavy objects I could pick up and carry around. Examples: heavy bags of wild bird seed you could lift and carry around (and easily tear open and get rid of), or cinder blocks or stones. Build something outside, take it apart, and build it again somewhere else.

Good luck.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    check out you are your own gym and convict conditioning... bodyweight routines.

If you have a car, drive to the other gym, if you don't have a car, bike to the other gym. back in high school I would bike 15km to and from the gym, got my cardio in while commuting, or took the bus (which was 45mins+ to get there)