Working out & protein?

Options
So... I started doing a short, but daily workout that includes working on my abs and legs. Do I need to up my protein? I'm not looking to build a ton of muscle, just firm & tone. Thanks in advance for any advise!

Replies

• brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Not enough information!

Up your protein from what current level?
    (Grams not percentages.)

Losing weight or maintaining?

Your weight?

Thanks sijomial for the response!!

I average about 60 grams of protein a day with my normal meal planning. MFP has my goal set to 80 grams but I havent watched my macros closely until now...

I'm losing weight. Goal is -1 lb / week.

Weight right now is 154 lbs. My goal weight is 145 lbs.

My workout routine is a 30 Day AB/SQUAT Challenge. Takes less than 10 mins to complete. So nothing super intense, but I'm still working some muscles I usually don't.

• brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Many people would regard the goal you aren't even matching as too low for someone losing weight. If you are only managing 60g then yes definitely up your protein - a lot!

My personal preference is 1g per lb of estimated Lean Body Mass (a very rough estimate is fine) but my exercise routine is far more stressful on my body.

Maybe try in the range 100 - 120g but definitely seek to exceed the 80g goal given which is pretty conservative.

Thank you for the advice! I already started this morning with a protein shake and hard boiled egg. Looking into getting some protein bars and upping the meat portions in my meals to make 100-120g happen 👍🥩🍗🥚