Gain my weight back!

Options
Hi everyone! I’m just looking for some feedback on the best ways to gain weight and quickly would be nice as well! I used to weigh 145 pounds and then slowly with stress Andy best friend passing away I’m down to 121 pounds. I hate the way my body looks I am extremely insecure with myself now. I know I need to eat more calories than I burn. I am a CNA so I’m constantly walking around 12,000 steps daily. What are some foods I can eat to help me get back to a healthy weight!

I appreciate all the help and support!

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You might get more luck posting in the General Health and Fitness forum. But basically, you want calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, normal butter, cheese, chocolate. Cheese goes well with everything!

If you like fruit and vegetables, then bananas and avocados are good things to have. And plenty of dressings on your salads.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    You might get more luck posting in the General Health and Fitness forum. But basically, you want calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, normal butter, cheese, chocolate. Cheese goes well with everything!

If you like fruit and vegetables, then bananas and avocados are good things to have. And plenty of dressings on your salads.

I agree with @ceiswyn. You may want to ask the admins to move your post to either the general health or gaining weight forum.

Also, look at this thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can get back on track soon.

This thread should help, it includes a list of calorie dense foods and tips to get in the calories.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    If you have a small appetite then single cream is really good. Not that filling but very calorie dense. You can add it to fruit, put in smoothies etc. And sugary drinks also good and not filling.
  • myriaa1020
    myriaa1020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try optimum nutrition mass gainer ! I walk a ton at work so I drink it while I walk around as well. I like the taste and you can mix it with other things for more calories or just taste
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm a stress non-eater myself and understand losing weight when under emotional turmoil. I wouldn't rush to add it back too quickly unless you are underweight and at risk for medical issues. Just start adding some calorie dense foods (full fat ice cream is great) and once you start feeling better, you should start slowly adding the weight back on in hopefully a mix of muscle and fat.