Self Reward for meeting goal or half or goal

Options
I’ve decided that when I have reached half my goal I’m treating myself to a bottle of my favourite very expensive aftershave CREED AVENTUS.

What about you guys???

Replies

• rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Photo shoot with new clothes,hair,and makeup...Normal photos and sexy photos...At goal,I'll start saving for my tummy tuck lol!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    well done and good idea :smile:
    I treated myself to new clothes along the way to goal and got rid of all my bigger sizes - I've never looked back :smiley:
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a greedy monkey and have lots of little targets to hit along the way.

Most are fitness related; scales when I was light enough to go on them and the last one was a set of boxing gloves and pads.

I must confess that I have some beautiful shoes on that list though ;)

• MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have 10 goals in total along the way. I'm about to meet the first of my goals. I've lost 10.6kg so far (23lbs) and need to lose another 1.1kg to meet the goal. I'm just going to go to the cinema for my first goal. I haven't lost enough to warrent new clothing yet. After I reach this goal I will start working on my second goal straight away. Cinema for the second one too, then clothes and cinema for the next one I reach. After that I will have to decide on suitable rewards.
  • 2323FatBoy
    2323FatBoy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 10 goals in total along the way. I'm about to meet the first of my goals. I've lost 10.6kg so far (23lbs) and need to lose another 1.1kg to meet the goal. I'm just going to go to the cinema for my first goal. I haven't lost enough to warrent new clothing yet. After I reach this goal I will start working on my second goal straight away. Cinema for the second one too, then clothes and cinema for the next one I reach. After that I will have to decide on suitable rewards.

Brilliant! I like you photo which says in three months time your body will thank you!

I’ve only been doing this for 5 weeks now and have lost 20lb. That said I am very sure it will slow soon.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    2323FatBoy wrote: »
    Brilliant! I like you photo which says in three months time your body will thank you!

I’ve only been doing this for 5 weeks now and have lost 20lb. That said I am very sure it will slow soon.

Yes, I expect the speed of my weight loss to slow down by about halfway. I've put so many goals in as a sort of stick and carrot approach. I divided my weight up into chunks and made each a goal in my profile. Hopefully, my motivation won't wane but it should give me something to focus on and work towards each time without being put off by the total still to go. Each goal is equal distance from the next too.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    well done and good idea :smile:
    I treated myself to new clothes along the way to goal and got rid of all my bigger sizes - I've never looked back :smiley:

I've been doing that, too, but don't consider it a treat or reward since I have to have clothing to wear! ;)

I am almost to my goal (about 9 lbs to go, then will re-evaluate). Monday when I went out to dinner I splurged and had a margarita! Haven't had one in almost a year...boy was that good!

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to replace "food as reward" with something else, like retail therapy but that gets expensive and I'm not much of a shopper to begin with. So....maybe keeping up with my family on active vacations? But that's only around once a year!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    All the new clothes I'm having to buy are expensive enough.

Now if I hit my goal, there's a 30 ounce 60 day dry aged bone in ribeye with crispy Brussels sprouts, truffled fries and a bone marrow canoe appetizer with my name on it. It might be a little hard to justify $120 for the steak though...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal weight I am going on a solo trip. I am not sure where yet. I have considered Mexico, Alaska, Canada and several places in the 48. My goal is not just weight I also want to be fit enough to do all the activities that I might want to do.
  • rumbaimom
    rumbaimom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goals are more habit oriented, rather than weight oriented - because I'm going to have to maintain habits to keep my goals *achieved*.

I get new shoes every 500 miles, to maintain healthy feet and posture.

Once I used my treadmill for a month straight to maintain step count in inclement weather, I started looking for a treadmill desk.

If I use the treadmill all winter this winter to maintain step count, I may upgrade the treadmill itself.

Basically, once I've proven to myself that I can form an enjoyable habit with a thing, I allow myself to invest in a better version of that thing and an easier to maintain version of myself.

What a great idea. I’m going to see how I can incorporate this focus on habit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!