How much is too much walking?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    aiya0404 wrote: »
    ... there is no such thing as over walking. Hve you ever asked same question with eating or sleeping? As mammal we are born to move around but techology have reduced the amount of movements we perform per day. I can guarantee you are not walking to the threshold our bodies are designed for. This question is just ur brain making excuses. There are altheletes out there working out (intensly) for 8 hrs/day 7-6 days/ week. Ballerinas dances 8-10 hrs a day and they are fine. Stop making excuses and take control of your body.

So you don't think there is a problem with over-eating or over-sleeping either?

Very strong first post.

You have no idea of OPs starting fitness level, health, weight, etc and it doesn't sound at all like they are making excuses. Pushing yourself too far too soon can lead to injury.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I use the app on my phone to count my steps--but I don't always have my phone on me so it's always more, but it's a good guide. I only average around 3000 steps a day, but I do Pilates 1 hour every day also. When I'm traveling, and racing through airports, or on vacation and doing things like walking tours it is much higher. I start "feeling it" or feeling like I've walked almost too much when it gets around 10,000 steps.

According to my calculations (which are not scientific, but got from my app) 4 miles would be between 10,000-12,000 steps, so it's a lot.