Need urgent advice

Options
Ok I tried this a couple of weeks ago and I’m even heavier now. :'(

Weight:280lbs

Height: 5ft ft 8/9

Waist 57 inches

Age 24

How is my health, I’m worried I’ve become overweight.

I used to weigh 150/60 lbs just a few years ago but I can’t stop eating mcdonalds, KFC and all manner of junk food for every meal, it’s almost like I’m addicted and I don’t know what to do.

Replies

• denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You’re only 24! You’re overweight now, but if you start now to put yourself on a healthy path, you’re going to be so much better off in 6 months or a year. Start logging all your food. Change one thing, than another. Build new habits. Move more. Eat less. You can do this mate!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    There's some good advice here and you'll find lots of help in the forums too.

If it were me I would start with small changes and build it up.
    If you really do eat it for every meal then perhaps swap one meal for something else, maybe fruit and yoghurt for breakfast?
    Or try a swap so instead of fries have fruit, or wrap instead of burger, water instead of fizzy drinks.

Set out a plan to get to 1 meal a day, then have days without any at all, moving on to alternate days - you get where I'm going with this.

You could of course just stop eating it completely but you might feel deprived and slip back into your old ways.

Everyone is different so you need to decide what route is the best for you, but it's definitely possible with a plan and some determination.

Good luck
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    i eat at mcdonalds a lot, eat eggs and bacon or burgers without bread, I do low carb. I got my weight down. I worked on some emotional issues also, finding pleasure in stuff other than food. I learned to take care of myself and be around loving people and eat healthy 80% of the time. I find people who make me feel good about myself and I choose foods that make me feel good about myself. You can do this.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When I was about that age I was also about that size with similar habits. I kept on with those habits and getting heavier for another 14 years. You've done well to arrest that progress.