Scales.

Options
Do you guys prefer digital or the like... swingy-ticky-thingy scales? Which one is more accurate, in your guys' opinions?

My swingy ticky thingy scale said I weigh 154, and my friend's digital(which, admittedly, does fluctuate a lot) said 158. Within about half an hour of weighing, not even. I know things change, but yeah.

Just wanted to know which one you guys prefer!

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My wii fit....
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My digital scales I have at home. I don't use anyone else's scales.
  • ploppersdf1
    ploppersdf1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i had a "swingy ticky thingy" scale that told me i was 10 pounds lighter than every other scale.. because they have to be reset every so often i feel like there is more possibility to have error
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I use my digital scale here at home. I do weigh at the doctors office or the clinic on occasion, but the weight I track is my home scale's reading.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use digital scales and have used the same ones since starting in January, don't weigh anywhere else. It also measures water content and body fat estimates, so I love them. I find if you have a very small loss the digital ones will register that wheras the other type it can be harder to read small increments.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have swingy ticky thingy (analogue) scales. They may not be perfect, but I use the same ones every time so they do for me. I think that digital fluctuate too much when the batteries are going.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I prefer digital because it's easier to read.

As long as you weigh yourself on the same scale and the numbers are moving in the direction you want then it's fine.

Your weight is, in my opinion, a poor way to track your progress anyway.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    As long as you are weighing in on the same scale every time then you should have an accurate picture of your weight loss. At my work, when we weigh patients we note which scale was used and then have to use that scale each time.
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    I prefer digital because it's easier to read.

As long as you weigh yourself on the same scale and the numbers are moving in the direction you want then it's fine.

Your weight is, in my opinion, a poor way to track your progress anyway.

That's a good point.

But I enjoy being able to see the weight go down, along with the inches and clothing sizes and whatnot.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I use digital scales and have used the same ones since starting in January, don't weigh anywhere else. It also measures water content and body fat estimates, so I love them. I find if you have a very small loss the digital ones will register that wheras the other type it can be harder to read small increments.

I agree with this. I just switched to a digital scale about a month and a half ago and I love it. I like being able to see that 0.4 lbs loss..I know it sounds crazy, but it tends to keep me more motivated.
  • DayDreamr_41
    Options
    I have a digital scale. The instructions said if you move the location of the scale; weigh yourself, disregard that weight & re-weigh yourself. Not sure if this applies to your situation or not...