Sharing/copying diary entries with family members

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
Is there a way my husband can use my diary entries so he doesn’t have to look up everything when we eat the same thing?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I never found a way.

Years ago I used the livestrong calorie counting site so my SO could copy over from me as that was the only one I could find that allowed that. Tried them all.

Not sure if livestrong even does cal counting anymore.

Cheers, h.

Oh,oh.
    I just went to have a look around my iPhone app (don’t log food anymore so don’t open it very often) and there may be a way.

If you ‘save a meal’ you have the option of sharing, with everyone, with friends, just yourself.

You could save your food as a meal, title it as ‘lorr’s pot-roast’ (if you can title, didn’t go that deep) then share with friends. Making sure hubby is a friend.

You may have to post on your wall explaining that these meals are for you and hubby. h.
  • lorrpb
    Options
    Thank you! I think I figured it out but it’s kinda deep 🤪
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I logged for my husband, I’d make my diary public and then I could view my diary from his account. It then allowed me to copy it to his diary.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @rkcampbell, was there a button ‘copy to ?account’ like there is a ‘copy to ?date’ or did you manually have the 2 accounts open and re enter into your husband’s log what you had already entered in yours?

Sorry, trying to find that copy option on the iPhone app.

Cheers, h.
    Back to playing with app.
  • lorrpb
    Options
    My hubby has to view my diary from his app, then he can copy it to his by tapping the 3 buttons by the meal and he gets some choices to choose from. I can’t send it from mine.