Help me name our baby!

My husband and I are trying to have a baby. We’ve got a list of names we LOVE if it’s a girl but are struggling to narrow it down. What are your thoughts on these?

Rowan Elizabeth- Rowan because it is a very important symbol in my husband’s faith, and because Rowan is a type of tree, and I am happiest on a hiking trail. Seriously, the forest is where I find my soul. It is so soft and feminine and beautiful, too. I love it. Elizabeth is my sister’s name, who also happens to be my best friend and one of the most important people in my life, so it would be to honor her.

Violet Emerson- I have always adored the name Violet. The middle name is taken from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Poetry is so moving and his is no exception. His work is such an inspiration.

Rosalie Wilder- Rosalie I love. It’s so elegant and timeless. I don’t like the nicknames Rose/Rosie and that’s the only thing holding me back right now. Because I know she would inevitably be called that by others. Wilder is in honor of my dad, because such a huge part of our relationship when I was a child surrounded the Little House on the Prairie. We would curl up in his giant bed with popcorn and watch the television series together, and we read all of the books together. Wilder is taken from Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Boys, we are struggling a lot more. We haven't found one we "LOVE" yet, and none of them have any special meaning, so if you have any suggestions along these lines, please share :)

These are ones we like so far:
Talon
Bennett
Asher
Oliver
Henry
Bronson
Barron
Maddox
Draxxen
Knox
Rex
Lachlan
Calder
Baylor
Sawyer

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I like Violet and Sawyer....congrats on the baby coming!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    I always thought a pretty name for a girl is Cielo.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    My husband and I are trying to have a baby. We’ve got a list of names we LOVE if it’s a girl but are struggling to narrow it down. What are your thoughts on these?

Rowan Elizabeth- Rowan because it is a very important symbol in my husband’s faith, and because Rowan is a type of tree, and I am happiest on a hiking trail. Seriously, the forest is where I find my soul. It is so soft and feminine and beautiful, too. I love it. Elizabeth is my sister’s name, who also happens to be my best friend and one of the most important people in my life, so it would be to honor her.

Violet Emerson- I have always adored the name Violet. The middle name is taken from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Poetry is so moving and his is no exception. His work is such an inspiration.

Rosalie Wilder- Rosalie I love. It’s so elegant and timeless. I don’t like the nicknames Rose/Rosie and that’s the only thing holding me back right now. Because I know she would inevitably be called that by others. Wilder is in honor of my dad, because such a huge part of our relationship when I was a child surrounded the Little House on the Prairie. We would curl up in his giant bed with popcorn and watch the television series together, and we read all of the books together. Wilder is taken from Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Boys, we are struggling a lot more. We haven't found one we "LOVE" yet, and none of them have any special meaning, so if you have any suggestions along these lines, please share :)

These are ones we like so far:
    Talon
    Bennett
    Asher
    Oliver
    Henry
    Bronson
    Barron
    Maddox
    Draxxen
    Knox
    Rex
    Lachlan
    Calder
    Baylor
    Sawyer

Congrats to you both! I'm having my first in March (a boy) 💙 I love Violet and Oliver or Bennet for a boy. Good luck choosing, it's so much harder than I expected lol
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I'll put a vote in for Sawyer because it's my little brother's name! I've thought about naming a son Sawyer as well. His middle name is cool too which is Pierce. Other than that I like Knox because it sounds macho. Violet for a girl.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    It's a tough decision to make.

You want something kinda unique, yet not weird; right?

Also, it's a good idea to select a name that the kid doesn't have to spell every time he's introduced.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    I'll throw in Gretta, Cloe and Ivy.
  • Jelaan
    How about a traditional Benjamin, Joshua, Jack or Jacob. Or even Jax.
  • Jelaan
    Our daughter's middle name is Lily. Feel free to use that if you like it :)
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I’ve always loved Sawyer for a boy. Maddox is my God sons name, everyone calls him Maddy, so keep that in mind if yon don’t like that nick name. I adore Rosalie. And I like Rowan for a boy or a girl.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    And can I add in Clara! It’s so beautiful.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Shawna or Shauna

Shawna is a feminine given name. It is a variant of Shauna, an Irish Gaelic name. Its origin is English and means "God is Gracious".
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Congrats🙏!!! Best news ever💗 and so fun planning🙌 ...I come from a big Italian family mostly, and so all our names end in a vowel🤷

When I as expecting and didn't know the sex....I had 10 girl names all.ending in A lol...and only one boy,.Nicholas.not.vowel but was suppose to come on Christmas sooo💗🤷....i was lucky with my boy or that would have been a name in a hat kinda thing.....not a great way to choose🙄

Love the name Ava for a girl....you can give her a pretty middle name to use together when she's in big trouble little lady!😉🤗
    Ava Maria might not be the way to go either 🤔😂

Xander kinda alway had a nice ring to it....oh also...think about initials!!!! If your last name is say Davis.....maybe don't name him Shawn Taylor......might not be very helpful😐

Hugs and so happy for you both!!!💗💗💗💗
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    When naming children or pets, I think it's important to find something that rolls off of your tongue with ease. Smooth.

Think waaay down the road. When the boss is mulling over who's going to get the big promotion. You know, I just love the sound of that kid's name.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Shawna or Shauna

Shawna is a feminine given name. It is a variant of Shauna, an Irish Gaelic name. Its origin is English and means "God is Gracious".

My first name translated means:

The Goats Are Dying