5 signs your doing to much cardio!

Options
Cardio is an excellent way to strengthen the heart, lose weight and improve overall fitness level, but are you doing too much cardio?
Here are my 5 signs that you are doing too much cardio.
1. Increased body fat or hard to lose
body fat
2. Mood changes/ Low energy
3. Disrupted sleep schedule
4. Getting sick more often.
5. Repetitive joint/muscle pain.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    A lot of that happens to me when I don't get ENOUGH cardio.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Cardio is an excellent way to strengthen the heart, lose weight and improve overall fitness level, but are you doing too much cardio?
    body fat

Everyone should be smart when starting any type of exercise. It can be overdone and detrimental.

1. Impossible. Scale weight can be influenced by new exercise:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

2, 3, 4 Possible but mostly related to not eating enough calories

5. This one is plausible if a person goes from nothing to too much too soon.

Exercise is not the only way people get "cardio." If this list was accurate no highly active job would ever get done. The TDEE for some people that do no formal exercise is extraordinary.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    body fat

Everyone should be smart when starting any type of exercise. It can be overdone and detrimental.

1. Impossible. Scale weight can be influenced by new exercise:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

2, 3, 4 Possible but mostly related to not eating enough calories

5. This one is plausible if a person goes from nothing to too much too soon.

Exercise is not the only way people get "cardio." If this list was accurate no highly active job would ever get done. The TDEE for some people that do no formal exercise is extraordinary.

Good point. With my last machine operator job, I ran around my machine most of my shift, and with my first, I was manually feeding it all shift.