I'm confused at what's going on?

Options
2»

Replies

• OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    all good advice. body reacts to change, a holiday sometimes takes weeks to get back to normal, it isnt true weight gain, just retention of water for the most part. This happens for me when my routine, even exercise and activity level changes. It is not always predictable either, as getting lots of cardio will sometimes wreck my pattern of weight loss or maintenance.

Yeah that may be true. Maybe just going on vacation for 5-6 days messed things up so much that I'm just coming out of it now and getting back to normal. I was 201.0 this morning. Thanks for the info.
  • OAS5
    Options
    Watching a trending graph is neat! And it definitely paints a bigger picture than just day to day data points...

2rpq99vqn58g.png

Yeah I'm gonna keep using it, is interesting. I'm gonna put in whatever it is in the morning and see how things go.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    And so just a few days later, this morning I was 201.6. very strange the human body and the scale. I can't wait to see 190 on that scale. I came to far not to see that goal.

You've come a long way and made a lot of progress. Something that I find really helpful is to take the emotion out of it and make it just a science experiment. The trending app helps with this.

Sodium, travel and strenuous exercise will all increase water weight. But none of that is fat. You've lost enough at this point to know what it takes. Trust the process and keep on keeping on. Look at the fluctuations as just interesting data points. I mean, after all, you know that even if you ate 500 over maintenance for a week, the most you gain is a lb of fat.

One step, one day at a time. Lower the emotions, increase the observation without judgement and trust the process.
  • OAS5
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    And so just a few days later, this morning I was 201.6. very strange the human body and the scale. I can't wait to see 190 on that scale. I came to far not to see that goal.

You've come a long way and made a lot of progress. Something that I find really helpful is to take the emotion out of it and make it just a science experiment. The trending app helps with this.

Sodium, travel and strenuous exercise will all increase water weight. But none of that is fat. You've lost enough at this point to know what it takes. Trust the process and keep on keeping on. Look at the fluctuations as just interesting data points. I mean, after all, you know that even if you ate 500 over maintenance for a week, the most you gain is a lb of fat.

One step, one day at a time. Lower the emotions, increase the observation without judgement and trust the process.

Thanks for the help. I thought for sure, I mean for sure I'd be at my goal of 190 by now. I was 201 in June. Can't seem to get to the actually goal. I guess that's why I get annoyed. Thanks again.