Hello All! Newbie....1 month in

Options
Hello Everyone:
MFP recommended that I introduce myself to the community...and I've already learned to do whatever MFP suggests! :)

Anyway, I'm Chicago Lady- new to MFP. Today I celebrate 1 month in of hard work and dedication. And, happy to report, that I've lost 10 pounds (starting weight 195- current 184.7). It was a shocking moment when my doctor reported my weight last month and had a "conversation" with me about it. First time in my life. I've noticed that when things get out of control in other areas (work, personal, etc), my body follows suit. But closing in on 200 pounds and being 1 BMI point away from "obese" hit home. I had no idea my weight had gotten that bad. I'm 5'9 with a frame that can hide a little extra weight with good proportions but numbers don't lie (neither do pants sizes). I decided that I wanted to make a change.

I've been reading other blogs and seen the photos- that's helped a great deal. You guys have made amazing transformations. I was too shy to even take a "before" picture...maybe a little denial too. Anyway, I'm a Type A personality so patience is not my strong suit. Seeing the dedication and online support on MFP helped keep me on track.