Anyone else doing Whole30?

Options
Or even general clean/lower carb eating?

I'm looking for people with open food journals and similarish eating styles to add.

I am doing my first Whole30 and I'm already on day 21. I have tracked the whole thing (lost 7 lbs) so far. I know you're not supposed to be tracking food or weighing! and honestly I haven't been following all the rules, on day 5 I went to a wedding and had some (a lot ugh) wine and tequila so now it's going to be more like a whole 25 (I have another wedding after and I know myself so I can't add on this time!) and I have eaten a few things with 1 gram of sugar when I couldn't find completely 100% sugar free, probably accidentally had canola oil a few times etc.

So maybe that's why I don't feel any "tiger blood" super amazing yet, not sure. But I have been enjoying it and I'm thinking about doing it again in January with my boyfriend and being stricter to do it properly, which might mean not tracking food.

Anyway, if you have done it before are are doing it now comment with your experiences or add me!

Replies

• MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Or even general clean/lower carb eating?

I'm looking for people with open food journals and similarish eating styles to add.

I am doing my first Whole30 and I'm already on day 21. I have tracked the whole thing (lost 7 lbs) so far. I know you're not supposed to be tracking food or weighing! and honestly I haven't been following all the rules, on day 5 I went to a wedding and had some (a lot ugh) wine and tequila so now it's going to be more like a whole 25 (I have another wedding after and I know myself so I can't add on this time!) and I have eaten a few things with 1 gram of sugar when I couldn't find completely 100% sugar free, probably accidentally had canola oil a few times etc.

So maybe that's why I don't feel any "tiger blood" super amazing yet, not sure. But I have been enjoying it and I'm thinking about doing it again in January with my boyfriend and being stricter to do it properly, which might mean not tracking food.

Anyway, if you have done it before are are doing it now comment with your experiences or add me!

I did a few Whole30’s and absolutely loved it! I would suggest doing it during a time when you can be 100% committed to following all the rules. I personally lost anywhere from 7lbs to 18lbs (I lost more on my first whole30, but I was bigger than.). However, the weight loss was not the only benefit. My skin looked so clear, my stomach was never bloated and I had so much more energy. Unfortunately, I’m not currently doing a Whole30, but I may join you in January. Best of luck!