Been at this for a bit, might as well introduce myself!

Options
gemiller87
gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
edited October 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks. 32/m here that struggled with weight the vast majority of my life. Diabetes and obesity runs in my family and i've finally had enough of it. Even had a spurt in middle school of needing to monitor blood sugar. Hit my peak weight a year or two ago at 330+. I'm 6'6" tall and pretty stocky so I carried it a little better than most but it was still very unhealthy and needed to change big time.

Peak weight pictures:
lvn0ap5n7mbw.jpg
3xajx7xprzpz.jpg
whbutgzegfay.jpg

Current weight update pictures (around 265-270lbs):
1h66fzbx9pai.jpg
9qq6h9r8l6x0.jpg

Mostly completed with dietary changes(went on a 2-3 week complete sugar fast and the respective miserable withdrawal but have kept it in check after reintroducing sugar at some levels) and a dedication to calorie counting. Originally started with LoseIt but switched to this app because it meshed with the RealAppeal weight loss program/app I am following through my health insurance company. Also focused on some mental health changes to help keep motivation up. Some light strength training in the mix, mostly sit ups, push ups and squats with the Adidas "PushUps" "SitUps" and "Squats" Pro apps. When time permits taking my 6yo roller skating also.

Current goal is 240-245 by Christmas and a condition evaluation to determine where to go from there. Gladly chat with anyone who wants to. My motivation has mostly been my family; my wife and kids who deserve me to be at my best :smiley: Feeling a lot better helps keep it going for sure. Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Good job so far man, you've made some awesome changes! Persistency and accountability are going to be very important as you continue on, but you seem to have some good determination. As time goes on, don't shy away from implementing some strength training, it will help propel you towards your goal.
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Indeed. I've slipped up a couple times, but I have everything set to annoy the crap out of me to keep me in check. Thankfully my wife has been very supportive also, including changing dinner plans across the board to fit into what i'm trying to do. The kids don't always appreciate it, but I sure do LOL! Definitely going to take a lot of long term dedication but I do feel like the habits are starting to really get firmed up. On vacation I made the mistake of eating a sugar heavy item and it actually made me sick, seems crazy how adapted our bodies get to what we eat. I used to be able to eat that kind of stuff by the truck load.

I do plan on more strength training, or at least would like to. But 2 kids, work, and the respective running around has made the 4-5 day workout I have been doing already tough to squeeze in late at night.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is the best you can each day. Good stuff man 🙏
  • Cookietush
    Cookietush Posts: 2,046 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. Its always great to have a supportive spouse. You look like your doing great. Keep it up
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Well done! 👍Your beautiful wife surely deserves a fit man 😉.