Need help with a question!

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting. I wanted to know if anyone has an answer or any help figuring out why my exercises won’t sync with my Fitbit? Help! It shows both apps are connected and it shows steps are logging but I did a whole work out this morning and it doesn’t show. Is there a way I can fix this?26ee7rx8oj02.png
x1y2dd4r6ti7.jpeg

Replies

• gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    In your "Goals" settings page on the bottom there's an option called "Exercise Calories" is that on? If that is off it will not change the calorie count to accommodate the calories burned during exercise. I don't remember its default state or if it was a pop up the first time to set it, etc. But i'd check there first.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2019
    What did you set your activity level at? 2,000 steps typically aren't a lot and may not earn you any exercise calories, depending on what activity level you chose when you set up your account.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    What did you set your activity level at? 2,000 steps typically aren't a lot and may not earn you any exercise calories, depending on what activity level you chose when you set up your account.

This. You will only get credited calories from Fitbit if you exceed the activity level you are set up at. Even if you are set to Sedentary, I'm not sure you would get calories for 2,000 steps. And if you had enabled negative calorie adjustments you might actually have a negative adjustment until you get more steps, but if you turned negative adjustments off, your exercise calories will be "0" until you exceed your activity level setting.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    I think the others may have missed your point. Since you worked out, you're expecting to see MORE than the 2109 steps indicated AND and associated calorie burn?

If my take is correct, just wait it out and it will sync up eventually. Fitbit/MFP syncing is rarely done in anything resembling real time.

It's frustrating.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I think the others may have missed your point. Since you worked out, you're expecting to see MORE than the 2109 steps indicated AND and associated calorie burn?

If my take is correct, just wait it out and it will sync up eventually. Fitbit/MFP syncing is rarely done in anything resembling real time.

It's frustrating.

Just to add to this, you won't see an actual workout logged by your Fitbit, it will just credit you with the steps or calories. In other words, you won't see "30 min weightlifting" or something like that next to the steps. You'll only ever see steps and the calorie adjustment for "exercise".