Any recommendations...

So my doctor prescribed me medication to aid in my weight loss journey. The pills are great so far BUT I have now been having trouble eating... my nutritionist says I have to eat at least 1000 cals a day but for the passed two days it’s been hard to do so... apparently I won’t lose weight/fat if I don’t eat at least that... has anyone ever had this problem? What do I do!!!?

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    You don't have to be hungry to eat. If you're not hungry, pick nutritionally appropriate options, set alarms to remind you when it's time, and eat at least your minimums. Create good habits for yourself. Switch to brown, whole grain things, get plenty of protein to protect your muscles, and some green, leafies for vitamins.

I lost my appetite entirely when I had undiagnosed B-12 deficiency. Lost 23 lbs "by accident." Even once it was sorted, my appetite didn't come back, but if I wanted to keep lifting, I needed to fuel my muscles. So I set alarms, cheated with protein shakes here and there, and got my calories in every time my reminder alarms went off.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    So my doctor prescribed me medication to aid in my weight loss journey. The pills are great so far BUT I have now been having trouble eating... my nutritionist says I have to eat at least 1000 cals a day but for the passed two days it’s been hard to do so... apparently I won’t lose weight/fat if I don’t eat at least that... has anyone ever had this problem? What do I do!!!?

If your nutritionist told you that you have to eat 1k calories or you won't lose weight you need to fire your nutritionist. That is "starvation mode" and in this context it is a myth. Your body needs energy to run. It gets this energy from food or from stored energy (like body fat) in your body. As long as you are alive you are burning energy and it has to constantly be supplied.

You do need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories to maintain your nutrition. You should force yourself to eat. If this becomes a problem then the pills are not great and your prescription needs to be adjusted.