Struggling

Options
Struggling for motivation, anyone keen to talk?

Replies

• TxGrl832
    TxGrl832 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don’t give up! I don’t know what your journey has looked like. I do know that if you are on this site you want to make changes! Don’t give up!!

I’m trying to lose anothe 20 lbs and just love a healthier life. If my goals match yours feel free to friend me!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    make your motivation ..don't look for it.. just start doing what you know you need to do.. as you go through the steps you'll find that self propelling motivation. It always comes down to you and the decisions you make. Motivation isn't a thing that's out there. It is only in you.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What's making you want to quit?
  • Rco618
    Rco618 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Struggling with motivation and finding time to be active
  • Rco618
    Options
    make your motivation ..don't look for it.. just start doing what you know you need to do.. as you go through the steps you'll find that self propelling motivation. It always comes down to you and the decisions you make. Motivation isn't a thing that's out there. It is only in you.

Thanks 4 your advice I'll take it in.

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Rco618 wrote: »

Can you get out for a walk at lunch? After work? Are there any activities you like doing? We all struggle at times with staying motivated. You just need to find what works for yourself and what you like. Make fitness fun!!
  • Rco618
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Can you get out for a walk at lunch? After work? Are there any activities you like doing? We all struggle at times with staying motivated. You just need to find what works for yourself and what you like. Make fitness fun!!

I go to the gym, but I feel like it's not enough
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Enough for what?

What are you trying to accomplish?

• Rco618
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Enough for what?

I don't want to be fat. I need to lose 18 more kgs
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Losing weight takes time and a lot of work. Be patient and you'll get there
  • Rco618
    Options
    Losing weight takes time and a lot of work. Be patient and you'll get there

I've been at it 4 10years
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's a lifetime commitment
    It's a lifestyle you have to adopt
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with motivation these past few weeks, but it's become such a habit being active and eating healthier that it IS a lifestyle by now. So even if I've derailed a bit, I do give myself time to acknowledge this and be okay with my current slump. Life can't be at a high all the time! Still, I am doing *small* changes to try and get back to feeling energized at the gym and eating in a way that makes me feel good again.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Weight loss takes place mostly in the kitchen.

Do you keep a food diary? Count calories using a food scale? Try it. Calorie counting works. But there’s a learning curve. Start by making a list of everything you eat and drink for several days. Then take some time and crunch the numbers and see how many calories you’re eating.

I spent years trying to knock off the last 30+ lbs in the gym. Actually, we may be similar in some ways. I went from 285 lbs to about 215- 220 and stayed stuck there for 10 years. Mostly busting my butt in the gym. The problem? I was eating too much.

Right now you may have the voice in your head telling you that you can’t bother with all that weighing and measuring stuff. Or that if you were just tough enough you could get there without it. But its not a big burden after you get past the initial phase where you have to crunch numbers for everything. And you don’t have to be tough, just persistent. Try it. It works.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Enough for what?

This is what I thought. You may be putting an emphasis on exercise that could be backfiring on you. Some people add more exercise to lose weight and they gain weight. This can happen when a person does not have a good understanding of how to keep themselves satiated and exercise makes them hungrier and they overcompensate.

Eat less to lose weight. Exercise for fitness.

You need a calorie deficit that does not require any exercise at all because you want to be losing weight on days in which you have to work late or some part of your body is screaming for rest.

You also need a calorie deficit that does not leave you hungry all day. Some people get this right away and some people have to experiment to figure themselves out. You should really only be hungry just before your next meal.

• Rco618
    Options

Enough for what?

This is what I thought. You may be putting an emphasis on exercise that could be backfiring on you. Some people add more exercise to lose weight and they gain weight. This can happen when a person does not have a good understanding of how to keep themselves satiated and exercise makes them hungrier and they overcompensate.

Eat less to lose weight. Exercise for fitness.

You need a calorie deficit that does not require any exercise at all because you want to be losing weight on days in which you have to work late or some part of your body is screaming for rest.

You also need a calorie deficit that does not leave you hungry all day. Some people get this right away and some people have to experiment to figure themselves out. You should really only be hungry just before your next meal.

I see a dietitian
  • Rco618
    Options
    xelsoo wrote: »
    I'm struggling with motivation these past few weeks, but it's become such a habit being active and eating healthier that it IS a lifestyle by now. So even if I've derailed a bit, I do give myself time to acknowledge this and be okay with my current slump. Life can't be at a high all the time! Still, I am doing *small* changes to try and get back to feeling energized at the gym and eating in a way that makes me feel good again.

Awesome advise cheers :)