Just a vegtable as a meal?

Options
Sometimes when I get lazy I'll take a vegetable of choice say Kale or green beans and that will be my lunch. Is there anything wrong with doing this?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You might stay full longer adding a protein. I usually have a protein with each meal and I feel much more satisfied.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong, per se. Just make sure overall for the day you've eaten enough variety to pick up as many vitamins and minerals naturally as you can and take a daily supplement. I'm vegan, so veggies are always what's for lunch. And breakfast and dinner and snacks. :) I take a woman's daily vitamin, calcium and omega supplements to make up any shortages.

BTW, kale is super high in iron and calcium. usually only 67 calories for 2 cups raw. It's a great green.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong, per se. Just make sure overall for the day you've eaten enough variety to pick up as many vitamins and minerals naturally as you can and take a daily supplement. I'm vegan, so veggies are always what's for lunch. And breakfast and dinner and snacks. :) I take a woman's daily vitamin, calcium and omega supplements to make up any shortages.

BTW, kale is super high in iron and calcium. usually only 67 calories for 2 cups raw. It's a great green.

ditto
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I often eat just eat veggies for lunch. However, eating just kale, green beans or one type of any vegetable would not be enough calories to hold me over for long. Nor would it give me the right nutrients.