always so friggen tired

Options
i wake up tired, i go to bed tired, i am ALWAYS friggen tired.
i go to bed at 8:30 PM and wake up at 5:30 AM, i am a pescatarian struggling to combat binging.

any tips or tricks anyone has?

Replies

• slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you have sleep apnea?
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    slimdownt wrote: »
    Do you have sleep apnea?

good question, i am not too sure of this,
    i was an insomniac and i got that under control about a year ago.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How are your iron levels?
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options

also another good question, i am assuming low. because i bruise like a peach. just scratching my leg through my pants leaves the hugest bruise! i take a multi vitamin daily but maybe that isn't enough.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    katermari wrote: »

also another good question, i am assuming low. because i bruise like a peach. just scratching my leg through my pants leaves the hugest bruise! i take a multi vitamin daily but maybe that isn't enough.

Might be worth checking up with your doctor. I know @pinuplove has been working on her iron levels with some good success.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Probably a good idea to make a Dr. appointment to get your iron levels tested. I am prone to anemia and was fatigued just walking up the stairs. I now know the signs of low iron and start on a supplement right away. I don't take an iron supplement constantly, only when needed.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks @quiksylver296 for the tag.

@katermari To follow up on the iron angle, you can request a CBC, serum iron, and ferritin test from your doctor. The ferritin is important because you can have iron deficiency anemia and still show low-normal iron levels like I did, because your body is depleting iron stores to keep your serum iron to an acceptable level. My ferritin was 5 (normal is 12-150) while my total iron was normal (42, minimum of normal range is 40). Vitamin D and B12 are also good to test for.

It's been 10 months since I found out I was iron deficient and started supplementing, and I'm just barely starting to feel normal again. I've also been eating at maintenance the last 5-ish months because I don't want to further stress my body while it's trying to recover. I'm at a normal BMI now, but had been eating in a deficit for about a year and a half when the anemia kicked in hard, which I think contributed.

If you do wind up needing an iron supplement (only if you're diagnosed as iron deficient - iron is not one to take "just in case") you might have to try a few to find one you can live with. Iron is notorious for causing GI distress. The first few I tried made me miserable, which made me not want to take them, which in turn delayed my recovery. I've found one that works for me now and am much happier, even though it's fairly expensive.
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You’re describing an unusual and worrisome level of tiredness. Please go see your doctor. Internet people are not good sources for possible medical issues. Please take care of your health.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    And I hope your doctor will test other things, not just iron, but some of the vitamin levels (D, maybe B12, etc.), your thyroid hormone levels, and more. If you don't live alone, ask your partner/roommate if you snore, especially snoring that involves sudden more pronounced snorts or gasps: Those would be signs of sleep apnea. And sleep apnea isn't the only possible sleep-quality medical problem.

Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Not normal.

Hope your doctor helps you find an easy solution! :flowerforyou:
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Yup, see your GP. Get your thyroid tested - constant tiredness is a classic symptom of an underactive thyroid.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I can only agree with everyone who has said go to your doctor. What you're describing isn't normal. Good luck!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    feeling tired could also be simply linked to your diet. It also happens when you're dehydrated. So drink a lot of water and add healthy fats to your seafood diet and eat a lot of vegetables. Also..are you eating at a severe deficit? That would do it too. I'd start changing the way you eat..and of course go see your doctor if the problem continues.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I find that when the season changes and the days start getting shorter, I am excessively tired. It’s like my body wants to hibernate. It will take me a few weeks to adjust, but I don’t ever feel fully rested until the days start getting longer again. Not saying this is necessarily your issue, but I just wanted to put it out there.
  • marganit1
    marganit1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sleeping in 2015, 2016, than I disconnected Panasonic wireless phone, I brought back old wired phones. Than I also turn off my wifi during night and my mobile phone also. Now I rarely "don't" sleep.
    Iron: coffee and teas 1 hour before and after eating a meal, destroy iron from vegetables, non heme iron.