Slowly changing?

Options
Wasn’t sure where to post but I have mixed feelings about my weightloss! The past six months I’ve taken it a lot more serious and have been good about eating healthier. My goal is to be healthy but also lose weight and gain muscle! I see my progress and take progress pics often but I hate that it’s taking me so long. I am starting to tell it in my face , legs and arms but my belly isnt going down much. In the past months the scale has barely budged but I can tell I am getting stronger and I finally have shoulders! I’m just not sure why it’s taking so long! Is lifting holding me back from losing weight faster?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    Good work.

Beware. Keep reading this board and you’ll see how many people wreck themselves over the time issue.

If you can find a balance between challenge and satisfaction, time can be your ally in weight loss. In a way the time frame is irrelevant. The process doesn’t end at goal weight.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You look great! You've clearly been putting in the work. No, lifting is not holding you back. It's making you stronger and healthier, giving you a fitness base that will last.

I am currently lifting for body recomp/doing a very slow cut as well. When I get discouraged about how long it takes, I then remember all those years I spent yo-yoing because I couldn't maintain healthy eating/exercise habits. Things are different now because my habits are sustainable, and slow body changes are much more likely to become permanent. I am no longer living in fear of losing control over my diet and gaining back all the weight. This is just how I live now, and the changes are happening (slowly) because of that.