RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Fit Fathers
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Fitnessblender.com

You can do individual videos, or a program that you can use over and over
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    A doing a combination of Youtube workouts, reading fitness books, using fitness apps, Beachbody workouts, trying different workouts and fitness equipment helped me to figure out what I liked and didn't like early on.

From there I was able to build my own program that works great for me. I'm always switching things up and trying new things too.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    I have a funny confession to make... I was watching a movie with "The Rock" and he was doing this absurd peck dance and the mexican actor was throwing cherries at his pecks! Each chenry was redirected with high velocity in a new trajectory almost creating lethal impact similar to a paint ball gun...

Since then I have been in pursuit to make my man boobies dance!

😅😂
  • KDBisme
    KDBisme Posts: 49 Member
    I love Les Mills Body Pump! Actually every Les Mills workout. They are safe, backed by tons of expert research, and very effective.
  • emsmiley12
    emsmiley12 Posts: 22 Member
    I took a couple of spin classes a week at a boutique studio. One of the instructors was a highly esteemed personally trainer. So she created plans for me for quite a while. I prefer to always use someone I know and hear local, real, positive results from. She was great. I say go through the grapevine in your area. Don’t trust everything “popular” online/social media.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    for my weight training, classic weider bodybuilding posters. I've had all the posters for at least 25-30 years.... I've tweaked them since I am in my 50s now, but still great guides.
    joe-weider-s-bodybuilding-system-book-and-charts-joe-weider-weider-exercise-chart-pdf.jpg
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Currently I use Hybrid Performance Method, which is 40.00 per month.

I’ve have a coach in the past who wrote for me and I also experimented with Stronglifts, 531, Strong Curves, all of Layne Norton’s programs and a Mike Pennacchia deadlift program.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    The STS DVD program from Cathe Friedrich. It is a progressive lifting program that is 3 months long.
    She has streaming programs as well.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Peleton. (Cycling but they have running, yoga etc).

I just have the app because its cheaper.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I follow My Peak Challenge and DDPY yoga. They both have membership fees but are worth it to me. Their online support groups are great. There are plenty of workouts available for free out there that are great for home workouts though. Fitness Blender is a good one. If you like to dance and want cardio, Fitness Marshall is fun. Leslie Sansone has plenty of walking videos but sometimes her music doesn't match up the walking pace - I turn off the volume when that happens. Yoga with Adriene is a good one. If you have enough equipment, stronglifts is good too.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    I need to get a program or purchase a set lifting program to follow. I have a home gym and there for don’t have everything a gym would have. But where did you guys find or purchase your workout program from? [/quote

I have been working out since I was 12yrs old. So most of what I know has been from experience and from my strength and conditioning coach while I was in college. Take a look at this site, it might be more helpful and economical for you.

https://muscleandstrength.com/workout-routines
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    You can also try the Bodybuilding website as well. They do have tons of free programs you can use for your home gym, but you have to create an account, set up your goal/plan and from there you can track. For comfort, down load the app "Bodyspace" and track your workout directly from there. It's the app for Bodybuilding.com. See link below.

https://bodybuilding.com/content/what-is-the-best-home-gym-workout.html
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Stronglifts 5 x 5 - it's free, it's easy to follow and requires a minimum amount of equipment (barbell, plates, bench & squat rack)
  • MattDXT
    MattDXT Posts: 1 Member
    Muscleandstrength.com has some good workout listed.
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    beachbody on demand is awesome you can stream from your laptop anywhere.. honestly i dont mind i been using it now its like 10$ a month so way cheaper then a gym anyway