72lbs lost! 20-25 more to go! With pictures. =)

Options

Replies

• hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look incredible
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Congratulations--you look great! :flowerforyou:
  • MerinneW
    MerinneW Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look so much prettier and happier in your 'after' photo! Well done!
  • Newmeinthemaking
    Options
    Now if that isn't just a huge dose of inspiration!! Wow! It's people like you who share your sucess & story that makes me realise that I can do this, thank you for taking the time to post & a huge well done you truly look amazing :-)
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, my journey is sort of unique. I started in January of 2012. I decided it was time for a change and as cliche as it was, it was a new year and it was my year to do great things. I set myself to eat 1300 calories, plus 200 because my then almost 2 year old was still breastfeeding. I also had spike days about once a week, where I just ate what I wanted within reason. I exercised most of that time but usually ate back my exercise calories. I lost roughly 30lbs in about 3 months time, getting down into the 190s, and then we got pregnant with my daughter, Eden. During the pregnancy I ate at maintenance (or tried through horrible morning sickness), and lost more weight before I finally started gaining. Halfway through the pregnancy we got news at an ultrasound that my daughter was not going to live long after she was born. I completely stopped tracking at that point because it seemed small compared to everything that was going on. Somehow, I only got up to 203lbs by the very end of my pregnancy. I gave birth November 26th and Eden passed away November 27th. I didn't track for 2-3 weeks, but decided that I needed control over something in my life, so started up back on track pretty quickly. I was actually lighter after giving birth than I was before getting pregnant and despite eating comfort foods for weeks afterward, I didn't gain.

December 26th I went gluten free and finally stopped having IBS symptoms and other digestive issues that I've dealt with for years. When I slip up and eat gluten, I get horribly sick, so it "helps" at family functions when I have to say no to a brownie....though most of the time I'm ticked because I'd rather have that brownie! lol

January 2013 I was 179lbs, so since January, I've only lost 30lbs, but it's still progress and I'm happy to have it, obviously! I've been stalling out a lot, but I'm still Breastfeeding my 2.5 year old, plus I've been pumping breast milk to donate since having Eden, and I plan to continue at least to her would-be first birthday, so it's a pretty delicate balance to lose weight without losing my supply. I've more recently purchased an UP band (just a month or two ago), and I like that it tracks all my steps and adjusts my calories based on how active I am each day. My normal mode of exercise is walking/running each day, but I used to do things like 30 Day Shred with decent results. Anyways, my goal weight is about 125ish, so I'm hoping to get there within the next year, but we are also trying to conceive again, so if I get pregnant again obviously that would be put on hold for a bit.

Anyways, I put my diary on public so you can see how my calories vary each day, and how my UP band adjusts it based on activity level. =)
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Good for you!! Your story is inspirational for more than just weight loss.
  • greglumpkin
    greglumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :-)

G
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Nice :D You have awesome figure too w/ those boobs :DDD
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • dorisoria
    Options
    super, good job
  • Mrscaperton
    Options
    Amazing, thanks for sharing!!
  • lacastella24
    lacastella24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. Bravo!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You look great, beautiful actually, absolutely amazing difference.

We started at similar places and are at similar places. At 6'0" I started at 287 lbs. on April 3rd and am at 218 today (69 lbs. lost) with the goal of 183 lbs. so I have 35 to go.
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING!! Good job! :drinker:
  • kaycee135
    kaycee135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    What a great job. Congratulations.
  • fattobad
    fattobad Posts: 11
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!