Red button missing

I'm trying to delete an incorrect item from my food diary. However, when I select food, the red button does dot appear beside any of the items. Why? How do I find it?
Thanks

Aussie

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    nompere wrote: »
    I'm trying to delete an incorrect item from my food diary. However, when I select food, the red button does dot appear beside any of the items. Why? How do I find it?
    Thanks

Aussie

If you're using the app, you need to hold your finger on the item until your options are given. I think they are copy, save as meal, delete.

On the web version, the red minus sign should still be there.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    yeah it's been missing for a while but if you click where it should be, the function still works.
  • wsmralph
    wsmralph Posts: 1 Member
    same as above: I'm trying to delete an incorrect item from my food diary. However, when I select food, the red button does dot appear beside any of the items. Why? How do I find it? Someone suggested clicking where it should be; however, that does not work either. I also have a different Calendar day view. Only the current date shows and if i want to advance or go back there is a very thin line on either side of the current date that I have to click. Previously, I could get a little calendar to pop up and I could scroll through that. Any suggestions?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    wsmralph wrote: »
    same as above: I'm trying to delete an incorrect item from my food diary. However, when I select food, the red button does dot appear beside any of the items. Why? How do I find it? Someone suggested clicking where it should be; however, that does not work either. I also have a different Calendar day view. Only the current date shows and if i want to advance or go back there is a very thin line on either side of the current date that I have to click. Previously, I could get a little calendar to pop up and I could scroll through that. Any suggestions?

Which version of MFP are you using: Web? Apple/iOS phone/tablet? Android phone/tablet? It's slightly different in each of those.
  • lsprows
    lsprows Posts: 1 Member
    I too am having this problem. The red button is gone. Even if I click on the empty space nothing gets deleted. But what works is to change quantity to zero and move the food to your snacks at the bottom. It than appears in your snacks with zero across the board! MFP needs to fix this problem. In the meantime try my fix.
  • BikerCD
    BikerCD Posts: 2 Member
    I can't delete a food item in the diary. I'm missing the delete "red button" on my Apple Mac.
  • pkfargo
    pkfargo Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having the same problem . I have a macbook air.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 140 Member
    Also same here intermittently using free version on Apple Ipad. If I make an error I click on item & reduce amount to 0 to enter 0 calories & then just make a new entry!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    It also happens to me once in a while. I use both the webpage and the app so when they disappear from the webpage, I just open the app and remove them from there. If you only use the webpage, as has already been stated, just change the quantity to zero until the delete button returns.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    Swipe left in the app, or hit the “edit” radio button at the very top left of the diary.

Just be careful. If you’re on the iOS app, it’s very easy to accidentally delete all.

Ask me how I know. 🤦🏻‍♀️