First Day of Fitness

Options
Hello All,

Today is my first day of my fitness fall tracking. I'm in a goal of losing a lot of weight. I'm feeling both excited and nervous. wish me luck!

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be nervous--you're going to make mistakes...it's inevitable...and it's OK!

It's all about data, making a plan and commitment, and doing things that make you feel good.

Also...do not forget the nutritional tracking! It's as much about the fuel and recovery as it is the workout!

(Made that mistake. Thought that if I just worked out enough I didn't have to pay much attention to what I was eating. That didn't work out for me...I was doing great big workouts and effectively eating all the calories back with little weight loss to show for it. With a re-vamp of my eating habits I lost weight, didn't have to do as much exercise if I didn't want to.)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Gayadhri wrote: »
    Hello All,

Today is my first day of my fitness fall tracking. I'm in a goal of losing a lot of weight. I'm feeling both excited and nervous. wish me luck!

Good luck.

It takes time so be patient and give yourself plenty of time. It is usually not a good idea to try and make drastic changes just small ones over time.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    enjoy the journey. Work of advice. Don't get discouraged if weight doesn't always come off as fast or predictably as you want. There will be stalls, sometimes for no reason but the body is a complicated mechanism that reacts to so many variables it is not always a perfect journey. Best advice I ever got was to give it a reasonable amount of time. You didn't gain the extra weight in a few months, so make sure you don't expect to lose it all in that timeframe. Make life choices that you can continue forever.