Calories burned / new to Apple Watch

Options
Is this my current calories burned even with rest? I know my TDEE is 1806 so I do need to make sure this number gets to that number or higher?
Please help me! Thank you!

2z7cwpj6nt0m.jpeg

Replies

• Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love my apple watch and find it very accurate for me. I honestly have never looked at the number you're referencing. I use the exercise calories as my eat back calories and consider the extra move calories as NEAT calories. They sync with MFP and subtract and I eat 100%. This has generally worked for me sometimes I have lost more- I have a high NEAT. Your daily move though is much higher than mine. I have 400 and plan a rest day where I always meet that goal. I am also obsessed with the awards and have met my goals now for 2 years( pathetic) and do not want to break my trend. I am the weird person at the airport power walking.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’ve been wearing my watch for 4 years and never noticed that.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Honestly I’m still really confused haha can you tell I’m not good at math? I had a Fitbit for almost 5 years so this is all new to me. I can’t even figure out how to sync to MFP at all. I think I’ll just stick to making sure I eat the correct calories and not worry about how much calories I’ve burned
  • LdyRaven5
    LdyRaven5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have just switched from Fitbit to Apple Watch and am going through withdraw. I lived by calories in and calories out right there in my face and being able to keep my eye in the calories out number. Do I know have to add all the different categories together to find my total number of calories burned for the day? Oh an I can’t get my watch to log in stairs.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    LdyRaven5 wrote: »
    I have just switched from Fitbit to Apple Watch and am going through withdraw. I lived by calories in and calories out right there in my face and being able to keep my eye in the calories out number. Do I know have to add all the different categories together to find my total number of calories burned for the day? Oh an I can’t get my watch to log in stairs.

Yes I’m definitely having a withdraw period for sure! I also enjoyed it being right in my face... I’m legit confused on how to figure out these calories. I’m 5ft tall so have very little room for error! I do enjoy the logged workouts more on Apple Watch by getting used to the battery life...
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I never noticed that number before either. When I checked, it showed a number for me, but then a few minutes later, it was gone. I checked the health app and that is the total of active energy, (move calories), and resting energy.