Red Light Therapy

Options
Anybody have experience with red light therapy? Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

Replies

• iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What's it supposed to do?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. What is it?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I think it is for skin rejuvenation?
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Considering what various spectrums of electromagnetic radiation are capable of doing to the human body I would have a hard time believing that it could have no effects...
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Anybody have experience with red light therapy? Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

I'd first experienced infrared therapy, when I was introduced to it in the '80s. Following my more immediate post-workout protocols shortly before bedding down, I would go through my red light therapy treatment, sometimes with a full body massage depending on the state of my body.

If you're thinking to use it, you'll need to be mindful of its distance/duration to any isolated targeted area at a time, plus you'll need to generously hydrate/moisturise your skin (after treatment), for its effects sometimes (kinda) felt like tingled horrifying sunburn burns only that it doesn't hurt where your skin (and the targeted pained area) recovers during your sleep with zero issues the following morning.