Destinations

Options
2»

Replies

• lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Recently, I spent a week in New Orleans. We heard live music every day. There are many small music venues around town. Small enough that the audience can talk to the musicians. Too much good food. And such an interesting history. I didn’t get to see and do half of what I wanted to do. I will like to visit New Orleans again.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm a Bostonian.😎...and your gang would love it here...lots to do and see...exactly what you're looking for from your requirements I think....historical...lots of great new areas to walk and eat and browse and listen to music.....the around Fenway Park is brand new and even the Wharf area near Faneuil Hall Marketplace is all new.... it's always changing for the better...it's really close to NH which is gorgeous if you want to split the trip...I actually go summer and winter there so if you have any questions on either give me a holler hun!!

Um I'm really not a paid representative from their tourism office....I just think you'd dig it😎👊😉🤣

Agreed.

Boston is high on the list.

If you're looking for history, it's a must.

Stay in the Back Bay and walk everywhere.

I feel a trend.......😀

Seriously though, my wife has been and she knew/has known how much of a bucket list item it is for me, so it will probably be top of the list at this point....

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    New Orleans!

New Orleans is great. Been there a few times. Thanks!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    someone else mentioned New Mexico & it too would be a good choice.

head up north to Santa Fe & Taos.

rent a car and drive west on I-40 and visit the Grand Canyon
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Or if you end up going Nowhere

4nfbpk7mbojh.png

At least it’s cheap. Bring a tent.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm a Bostonian.😎...and your gang would love it here...lots to do and see...exactly what you're looking for from your requirements I think....historical...lots of great new areas to walk and eat and browse and listen to music.....the around Fenway Park is brand new and even the Wharf area near Faneuil Hall Marketplace is all new.... it's always changing for the better...it's really close to NH which is gorgeous if you want to split the trip...I actually go summer and winter there so if you have any questions on either give me a holler hun!!

Um I'm really not a paid representative from their tourism office....I just think you'd dig it😎👊😉🤣

Agreed.

Boston is high on the list.

If you're looking for history, it's a must.

Stay in the Back Bay and walk everywhere.

tenor.gif?itemid=9964726
  • cdubks88
    edited October 2019
    Options

That sounds great. Never been to Grand Canyon.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Salt Lake City or Park City, Utah

Charleston, South Carolina (charming colonial style architecture + a good bit of history)

political BS + horrible traffic aside, Portland, Oregon

Asheville, North Carolina (outstanding mountain biking + hiking, breweries, Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore Estate [I'm not too keen on it, but it is the largest home in America and the architecture is quite beautiful], beautiful mountain ranges with dense forests, clean air, some of the cleanest water/locally sourced, no shortage of small, local art studios, Grove Park Inn, etc)

Have a friend who goes to Park City often. It looks amazing. Asheville sounds really cool too.

Thanks!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »

That sounds great. Never been to Grand Canyon.

keep in mind, that many think because The Grand Canyon is located in Arizona that it's going to be warm there year round .... it ain't.