Alcoholic drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Lately my go to are Yuengling Light and Corona Light (Both 99 calories). I find wiggle room for them in my day and I feel like the calories are worth it.

The other day my BF wanted to go to a brewery and I had a 6.5% beer. It was 200 calories. It was delicious, but I feel for that I could have had a snack...

I guess the moral of my ramble is decide how many calories you are will to use on alcohol and have a decision made before you go.
  • jaydutchie
    jaydutchie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pinot Grigio~ 122 cal
    Cabernet Sauvignon~ 122 cal

I love a glass of wine
  • vanillaorange2
    vanillaorange2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are pretty social as well, we like a few drinks at least once or twice a week. Vodka/ tequila/ Wiskey with water or soda water has Lower calories and sugar, along with the truly & white claw drinks. My favorite is red wine. I try and stay away from the sugary juice drinks, sour mix and coke / soda pop drinks.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Ketel One Botanicals - Peach and Orange Blossom. 73 calories, no sugar, carbs for a 1.5 oz shot. 30% (or 60 proof) versus regular vodka - 40% alcohol. With soda or a Topo Chico, quite refreshing.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Most lite beers and most wines derive most of their calories from the alcohol. Most spirits derive close to 100% of their calories from alcohol.

(Try this, take 7kcals/g * .8g/ml * 355ml/12Oz * ABV = 1988kcals/12Ox * ABV. For miller lite, the ABV is 4.2%, giving 83kcals. The listed kcals is 96.)

But, clearly, any drink with sugar has calories added over and above the alcohol. Even tonic water has some added sugar (although less than, most other sodas). So, yes, (any) booze + seltzer has is the lowest possible added calories for what could be considered a "mixed drink."