Turning 46 next year

Options
I’ve been yoyoing for too long now.... and the clock is ticking.... every year it will be more of a challenge to lose weight.... I started (again) on 8/19/19 and have lost 24lbs so far.... anyone around my age have consistent weight loss? I’m hoping it stays consistent as long as I’m consistent with my eating and exercising habits. My goal is to get to my ideal health and fitness level by April 2020.... I need positive vibes and prayers myfitpals....

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    No, I had to wait until my 50s before I saw consistent weight loss.
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really?
  • tallbanyan
    tallbanyan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you got this! 24lbs is no small deal...
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    tallbanyan wrote: »

Thanks so much.... I’ve just heard and read stories about the older you are the harder it gets to lose weight no matter what you do.... I have to clean up the reckless mess I made when I was younger....😣
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    tallbanyan wrote: »

Thanks so much.... I’ve just heard and read stories about the older you are the harder it gets to lose weight no matter what you do.... I have to clean up the reckless mess I made when I was younger....😣
    I'

I'm 54 and have lost 75 lbs this year so far. Age isn't a factor to me, but being obese was! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Omg that’s amazing!!!!! Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 please tell me how you did it!!!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Omg that’s amazing!!!!! Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 please tell me how you did it!!!!

Thank you! No real secret for me other than logging calories every day and staying within my calorie deficit consistently. Also, weighing everything I eat on a food scale to stay accurate. I lost my first 50 lbs logging in a notebook but wasn't the most precise until I bought the scale. MFP app makes it easy to keep accurate logs. I exercise 6 days a week, between cardio or weight training. You can do it, just stay consistent with calorie counting.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    @nighthawk584 wow that’s awesome and one of my biggest challenges, the consistency. I have a lot of work to do and thank you so much for sharing!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Another 10lbs gone!!! Woot woot!!!!!
  • TurquoiseViolet215
    TurquoiseViolet215 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I am going to be 46 next year too - I am down just about 20 lbs from my heaviest this year. I lose consistently then plateau and start to lose again. I am 7.5lbs from my goal and hope to be there by my birthday in February.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Wow that’s awesome!!!! I have quite a bit to lose still, but April is my target.... I have to be really close by then if not at my goal.... Let’s Go!!!!
    Congrats!

I am going to be 46 next year too - I am down just about 20 lbs from my heaviest this year. I lose consistently then plateau and start to lose again. I am 7.5lbs from my goal and hope to be there by my birthday in February.

• Jorollenola2015
    Jorollenola2015 Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi! I lost 55 lbs about 3 years ago and has since gained all of that back. I'm trying to find my motivation again. feel free to add me as a friend. jorollenola2015. Good Luck to u.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    46 now..might iu say you look pretty fab in your pic..like the sassssss
    LOL
    But like you you I have gone up and down w my weight...want to get healthy and stable

GOOD LUCK Kim
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I lost 29 pounds and I've maintained it for 7 years (minus a pregnancy, but I lost that weight again). This pic is from my 46th birthday in August. Good luck! It takes work and consistency, but it's definitely doable.

b9a7wr2plrj8.jpg

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    All the best
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Let’s motivate one another! You’ve lost it before and you’ll lose it again!!!! You got this!
    Hi! I lost 55 lbs about 3 years ago and has since gained all of that back. I'm trying to find my motivation again. feel free to add me as a friend. jorollenola2015. Good Luck to u.

• pecabonitas
    Options
    Lol! Yes a bit of sass never killed anyone.... thank you for your kind words! We’re in the trenches together!!!
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    46 now..might iu say you look pretty fab in your pic..like the sassssss
    LOL
    But like you you I have gone up and down w my weight...want to get healthy and stable

GOOD LUCK Kim

• pecabonitas
    Options
    Omg your body is the epitome of fit!!!! I need to print it out and post it to my fridge!!!! Congratulations to you and all your hard work and perseverance!!!! And you had a baby???!!!!! Wow!!!!

I lost 29 pounds and I've maintained it for 7 years (minus a pregnancy, but I lost that weight again). This pic is from my 46th birthday in August. Good luck! It takes work and consistency, but it's definitely doable.

b9a7wr2plrj8.jpg