is it ok to have a 3 day rest day?

Options
Hi well, I have finally started back taking my health seriously! 4 years ago I lost so much weight I got down to 245 pounds after being 315 pounds. I am not at my heaviest afte neglecting my health for 4 years. 4 weeks ago I was 339 pounds and as of today, I am down to 327 pounds. I took rest day friday, saturday and now today sunday. During these 3 days, I still remain health conscious and I do not have exactly a cheat meal. I stay within my calorie range. I am meal prepping tonight and continuing again on Monday

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Are you resting from exercise or from logging? Of course, a break from either is ok. You will need to careful not to let 3 days develop into an extended period of excuses not shoyld you use it as a reason to go off the rails. Should this happen, it will take you a bit longer to get back on track and continue your progress.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's always OK to have a rest day or days, as long as you cap the calories to maintenance level. Things only start going south when you start gaining back weight. Maintenance has to be the line in the sand for time off to work.
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not required lose weight, but if your overall goal is to get healthier, then it is an important component. There are times when we need to rest our bodies and that is okay. However, if you are doing it because just don't want to, that could be a different story. I try to work out /exercise 5 days a week.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Since getting my hips replaced and rehabbed this year, I have been unwilling to rely on calorie monitoring alone to lose weight despite what people say [they will have to divulge credentials, which they won't before I entertain the notion which I still won't]. I believe sensible combinations of diet/calorie monitoring AND exercise regimens is the way to lose weight. In my current mode, I may take three days off a week, but they will never be consecutive unless I'm forced to!!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Since getting my hips replaced and rehabbed this year, I have been unwilling to rely on calorie monitoring alone to lose weight despite what people say [they will have to divulge credentials, which they won't before I entertain the notion which I still won't]. I believe sensible combinations of diet/calorie monitoring AND exercise regimens is the way to lose weight. In my current mode, I may take three days off a week, but they will never be consecutive unless I'm forced to!!

Nice you found what works for you.

zov1qg28abvw.png