Starting, could use friends and support!

Hi all! Im Tay and am 28. I am 5’2” and weigh 200 pounds. My weight is the highest it’s ever been. I have struggled with my weight in the past couple of years due to overeating and not being very active, with now having a sit down job.
My doctor just prescribed me Phetermine and recommended I try low carb. Im also on Metformin due to PCOS symptoms. I told him I tried Keto and it made me super sick, so I stopped it. I know, the Keto flu, but it’s not for me. So I am aiming for 1,200 cals a day, and am focusing on high protein, low carb foods.
Anyone with similar stats or wants a new buddy please add me!

Replies

• kylie1959
    kylie1959 Posts: 1 Member
    Looking forward to my journey
  • snippitychic
    snippitychic Posts: 9 Member
    You can add me, as can anyone else. I just started yesterday.

1,200 cals seems low. Make sure your body doesn’t go into starvation mode.
  • nadsltd
    nadsltd Posts: 1 Member
    I have PCOS as well officially now. Im going to start the Metformin but first want to get a handle on my diet because the dr said it can cause an upset stomach. I also have IBS so I was very wary of keto because you see so much out there with dairy products which I don’t handle well. I’ve been doing my own version of keto and I’ve gone down 4lbs. Could be water weight or the fact that I’m counting calories...but I’m still eating 60g of carbs and 1600 calories a day. My carbs are predominantly my veggies tho which I love and need otherwise I feel sick. Maybe try to find a version of keto that works for u. I tried the first night heavy fat dairy stuff and I felt very sick.
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Hi Tay!! I also have PCOS and I found low carb to be the best option for weight loss. With low carb and working out, I managed to lose 100lbs (currently have 6.5lbs of weight gain I’m working on losing). It took about 2.5 years to lose, but staying consistent made all the difference. I just wanted to give you hope that though losing weight with PCOS is extremely hard, it can definitely be done! Plus, you start to see improvement in most of the symptoms associated with PCOS!
    If you need any advice or support, feel free to add me. Best of luck!! ❤️
  • always looking for friend on this life long journey or health and fitness
  • fcastrocc
    fcastrocc Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! Im Tay and am 28. I am 5’2” and weigh 200 pounds. My weight is the highest it’s ever been. I have struggled with my weight in the past couple of years due to overeating and not being very active, with now having a sit down job.
    My doctor just prescribed me Phetermine and recommended I try low carb. Im also on Metformin due to PCOS symptoms. I told him I tried Keto and it made me super sick, so I stopped it. I know, the Keto flu, but it’s not for me. So I am aiming for 1,200 cals a day, and am focusing on high protein, low carb foods.
    Anyone with similar stats or wants a new buddy please add me!

Always great to make a new friend. Hello.
    I am flora height 5.2 I completly understand after I quit smoking this last year I gained a whopping 60 pounds. I am happy to have stopped smoking but think I substituted eating with smoking oh dear. It's nice to meet you and feel free to msg my any time to obtain support advise and #eathealthylove .

Flora
  • scapo008
    scapo008 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I'm 5'4 and 263. I have had PCOS for over 15 years and my weight just keep creeping up and up. The highest I've weighed was 283 when I was pregnant last year. My son is one year old and I was still struggling with my portion sizes so my dr put me on phentermine. That with watching what I eat has helped me lost 20 lbs. I have been on and off Metformin but not stomach can't handle it even on the Extended Release. I have also tried Keto and done okay but its so limiting. I would love to support friends on the same journey to be healthy and lose weight!