Like many "Hello again" 😁

Options
I'm back again only this time I need to make an effort due to health issues. These include being breathless climbing the stairs and pain in lower back when walking. I'm a disgrace and need to improve my fitness.

I eat too much of the wrong stuff, but cutting down is a start for me even if it is what I shouldn't be eating. Once I see a start in weight loss then I can concentrate on introducing new foods which will push out the old.

Won't make sense to most. Why not change your eating habits? Why are you still eating the wrong stuff? The reason? I find it easier this way.

Feel free to add me

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to MFP but "welcome back" from me. :smile:
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Hello, the first thing you need is a food scale and then stay at a calorie deficit consistently. Also, believe in yourself and don't put yourself down like saying "I'm a disgrace"
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    you sound like me. I am dreading the stairs in my near future- we will be spending thanksgiving with dear friends in Paris, they live on the 3rd floor (4th floor if in the US) and it is a walk-up and not 13 stairs per level- nope 22 stair per level so that means every time we leave or return to their place it is 66 stairs (actually it is probably 70 since there are a few steps to get into the building° So, here I am with 5-6 weeks before we leave for our visit, and I have scheduled into my working day stair breaks. At our office we have only emergency stairs, so I keep our exit door open from our floor and spend 5 minutes on the stairs (and like 10 minutes recovering). My goal? To make the stairs manageable at a slow walking pace. We will see