Quiet treadmill

Options
Can anyone recommend a quiet treadmill? I’m UK based & can’t always get outdoors for a jog.

If it can be light weight then even better! But most important factor is to be quiet.

Tia

Replies

• Iwanttobetheoldme
    Iwanttobetheoldme Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Forgot to ask - what should I be looking for in a treadmill? Features etc? I only ever run 5k at most outdoors
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    None are incredibly quiet. They are quietest if placed on a concrete floor with carpeting. It helps to buy a quality brand, such a Precor, LifeFitness, or NorticTrack. If you are very light, you can get away with a cheaper one. A heavy person should buy one of the "commercial" series (typ. costing more than $2K).

It makes a gym membership look pretty good, actually!

Best of luck!
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Options
    I’m 120lb. A gym membership isn’t helpful as I have very limited childcare!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I understand the limited childcare thing as I have 3 kids of my own. I have a ProForm I got for around $1k brand new about 6 years ago. Best features are the fan (I get hot and sweaty fast) and the two cup holders on each side - one for my drink and one for my phone. It is not super quiet, but I don't find it loud either. Best of luck finding one that fits your needs!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    At 120lbs, you can buy a lighter-duty one and save yourself a few $$. But, there is the "buy once, cry once" philosophy: a better one will last longer and require less maintenance.

Best of luck!
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Options
    Thanks all! Any to avoid or things to watch out for?
  • Iwanttobetheoldme
    Options
    Anyone?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest differences between the less expensive models (not the el cheapos...) and a more expensive one is the size of the mat. Personally I find the bigger the mat the more comfortable i feel.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I had a Horizon treadmill and now I have a proform,both cost me $600. Neither one was quiet, but got the job done and there big and have nice features, fan, cup holders, workout program, auto incline, fold up. I'd suggest picking based on your space and what size tread belt you prefer walking on both of mine 20 inches, but some are sold much smaller and on what the maximum weight the treadmill can handle. Decide what features you can live with or without. Makes no sense paying for features you won't use. Hope this helps.

And although I love my treadmill I didn't realize what a big monster it was in the box, if so I woulda went for the smallest sized proform. Since I use it in my bedroom.